Need to know how to FORMAT a PRIMARY HDD that has XP on it...

Need to know how to FORMAT a PRIMARY HDD that has XP on it...

Post by Mary Maynar » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:34:31

To whom it may concern:
   I am in serious need to reinstall WIN XP on my laptop
computer, I already have WIN XP on it, but I want to do a
(fresh) install hence I MUST reformat the HDD.
    How can I do this within WIN XP, either the Interface
or the Command Line, either one will be ehlpful

Thank you,
Mary Beth

P.S. PLEASE email me, as I don't get into the NGes very
rarely these days.

Need to know how to FORMAT a PRIMARY HDD that has XP on it...

Post by Bruce Chamber » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:49:15

Greetings --

    Simply boot from the CD.  You'll be given the options to
create/delete/format partitions as part of the installation process.

HTH&GL,

Bruce Chambers
--------------------------
Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of
nothing, "blasphemy" is the most amazing -- with "obscenity" and "indecent
exposure" fighting it out for second and third place.   - RAH

: To whom it may concern:
:    I am in serious need to reinstall WIN XP on my laptop
: computer, I already have WIN XP on it, but I want to do a
: (fresh) install hence I MUST reformat the HDD.
:     How can I do this within WIN XP, either the Interface
: or the Command Line, either one will be ehlpful
:
: Thank you,
: Mary Beth
:
: P.S. PLEASE email me, as I don't get into the NGes very
: rarely these days.

Need to know how to FORMAT a PRIMARY HDD that has XP on it...

Post by <res0d.. » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:24:54

Much appreciated!!!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings --

>    Simply boot from the CD.  You'll be given the
options to
>create/delete/format partitions as part of the

installation process.
Quote: