Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

Post by geo » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:48:11

dear everyone
i have a major problem with win xp i changed the
resolution of my screen from windows and now my screens
turns up for a while and then turns of bacause it says the
screen resolution doesnt much i cant even see the start up
or anythin is it possible to change the resolution before
log on. please help??
ps i used to have 800 * something
              and 1024 * something
and then change it to higher and....you know the rest

Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

Post by jbald » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:49:36

You need to start xp in safe mode.  You can do this by
pressing F8 when windows XP starts booting.  You can
change your settings their after.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>dear everyone
>i have a major problem with win xp i changed the
>resolution of my screen from windows and now my screens
>turns up for a while and then turns of bacause it says
the
>screen resolution doesnt much i cant even see the start
up
>or anythin is it possible to change the resolution before
>log on. please help??
>ps i used to have 800 * something
>              and 1024 * something
>and then change it to higher and....you know the rest
>.

1. Screen saver/locking screen changes resolution

I also posted this in .video, but thought I'd try here,
too.

Whenever my screensaver comes on & my screen locks, and I
come back and UNlock it, my resolution is changed from
whatever I have it set it (1152x864) to the LOWEST
possible settting - 640x480!  UGH!  What gives?  Windows
XP; ATI RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP.  TIA.

2. 169.254.x.x DHCP XP Bug...

3. Help needed with changing screen resolution

4. APPLE-Multimedia Engineers-PIE Division-Cupertino, CA

5. black screen after setting screen resolution

6. Softwa Pythia 2.5 Client Released

7. How to change screen resolution

8. Slow clock

9. Program for Changing Screen Resolution without User Intervention

10. changing screen resolution

11. Changing resolution of screen

12. Change screen resolution

13. Screen resolution changed while/after viewing