WINDOWS IMAGE

Post by Rick Gra » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:20:21

The following message is consistently popping up on my
computer:
The application of DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32
\wbem\wbemcomn.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please
check this against your installation diskette

I am running XP Home edition that came on my Dell
computer. Any ideas as to how to stop this from popping
up?

1. Windows XP: List of Scanners That Are Supported by Windows Image Acquisition (Epson 636U Scanner)

I have an Epson 636U scanner that I would like to install on a Windows XP
computer.  Epson does not have an XP approved driver for this scanner and
apparently has no plans to release one anytime soon.

However, I did find a page on the Microsoft web site that lists the 636U
scanner as being one supported by Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) for
Windows XP.  Here's a link to the page:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q293/3/56.ASP

I have all the latest updates installed for Windows XP but it will not
install a driver for the scanner when it detects it, and strongly recommends
NOT installing the Epson drivers for Windows 2000.  Should I ignore this
warning and just install the Epson Win 2000 drivers anyway?  The Microsoft
warning is pretty scary, says it may harm system now or, worse, at "some
time in the future" (or words to that effect).

I'd really love to get this scanner working so any advice would be greatly
appreciated!

Many thanks,

JJ

--
Please reply to the group or if replying by e-mail remove CANxTHExSPAM from

2. Recording cd's into the pc

3. Windows XP Professional SP1 -- Scanner Issue -- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

4. Connection Problems with Windows 2000 professional, ADSL and VPN

5. WMP7.1-msdmo.dll is now a valid windows image

6. Explanation of License and NT4.

7. Windows Image Acquisition

8. Cannot read pdf files with newly downloaded ie6 browser

9. Help closed window images look like wallpaper

10. wmpui.dll is not a valid windows image

11. windows image aquisition & scanner umax 610 p

12. DSOUND.dll is not a valid windows image

13. Windows Imaging & XP