CONFIG FREE on XP start-up

Post by jetskie » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:43:16

On start-up, I get this message in a CONFIG FREE dialogue box.

NdsLoadString () is Error. (Not found in: File :[c:\Drivers\CONFIG
FREE\NDSFiles\NDSNLS.ini].)

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite A70.  The laptop functions once box
is clicked.    Any suggestions?

--
jetskier

CONFIG FREE on XP start-up

Post by MS-MV » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 04:07:28

It's the Configuration Free utility from Toshiba (for wireless setup) that
seems to have become corrupted.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=configfree

You should be able to reinstall it, if required, from the CD/DVD that came
with the notebook.
www.coribright.com/Windows

Quote:

> On start-up, I get this message in a CONFIG FREE dialogue box.

> NdsLoadString () is Error. (Not found in: File :[c:\Drivers\CONFIG
> FREE\NDSFiles\NDSNLS.ini].)

> The computer is a Toshiba Satellite A70.  The laptop functions once box
> is clicked.    Any suggestions?

> --
> jetskier

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Windows XP Home Edition, CD

3. establish password for email identity

4. Win95: config.sys,config.dos,config.win

5. Setting Path

6. Really Need HELP on IE 6.0 Lock-Ups on Start-up

7. catching HDN_TRACK messages from a CListCtrl

8. ++Random Lock-ups++ on Start-up

9. ++Random Lock ups++ on Start-up

10. Start-up hang-ups

11. xp pro and 10 minute start ups.

12. XP fails to start with "missing or corrupt file \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"