uninstall Internet Connection Sharing (can't use VPN)

uninstall Internet Connection Sharing (can't use VPN)

Post by eric » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 04:26:08

I am trying to install Cisco's VPN client but am
receiving an error stating that it cannot install until
Internet Connection sharing is Uninstalled. Any ideas how
to uninstall or any work-arounds?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

uninstall Internet Connection Sharing (can't use VPN)

Post by MV » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 10:39:45

Have you tried turning it off under the properties of your network
connection (that provides the internet service)?

Jeffrey Randow
Windows Client MVP - Remote Networking & Security
.NET Server Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windows.netserver/community

Visit the Remote Networking Technology Wiki
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
of all USENET users.  Messages sent via email may or may not

Quote:>I am trying to install Cisco's VPN client but am
>receiving an error stating that it cannot install until
>Internet Connection sharing is Uninstalled. Any ideas how
>to uninstall or any work-arounds?

>any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) doesn't work when VPN is used on the
shared connection.

Machine WinXP is the ICS host, machine Win98 is the ICS client.  When VPN is
enabled on the shared internet connection on WinXP, Win98 can no longer
connect to the internet.  Is there a way to correct this?

An Microsft knowledge base article mentioned that there is no way around
this, and you have to use VPN on ICS client machine.  But I really need to
use VPN on ICS host machine.

Thanks.

2. Enabling java

3. Has any used Internet COnnection sharing with Nortels Extranet VPN client/

4. Win95- "Network not complete" message.

5. Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks Remote Desktop Web connection

6. Outlook auto disconnect window doesn't show

7. peer to peer connection using internet connection sharing

8. USB devices under Windows XP

9. VPN Setup / Internet Connection Sharing

10. Nortel Extranet VPN Client and Internet Connection Sharing

11. Internet Connection Sharing/Cisco VPN Client

12. Sharing Internet Connection and VPN

13. Sharing an Internet Connection and VPN