corrupt file in defrag

Post by jhoe » Thu, 22 May 2003 05:07:04

while defraging a partition i get the error "cannot continue prescan
because there is corruption in the file ........"

i run chkdsk with /f and this error still appears. Any ideas what i
could try to fix this corrupt file?

thanks

corrupt file in defrag

Post by jhoe » Thu, 22 May 2003 05:27:14

Quote:>while defraging a partition i get the error "cannot continue prescan
>because there is corruption in the file ........"

>i run chkdsk with /f and this error still appears. Any ideas what i
>could try to fix this corrupt file?

when i try to error check the drive it show "the specified disk
appears to be a non-windows disk" then immediately fills in no to "do
you want to continue" and continues to boot.

corrupt file in defrag

Post by Matt » Thu, 22 May 2003 12:27:08

Try running an Error Check from the Properties:Tools tab
for the drive with both boxes checked.  You may be
prompted to run at next restart.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>>while defraging a partition i get the error "cannot
continue prescan
>>because there is corruption in the file ........"

>>i run chkdsk with /f and this error still appears. Any
ideas what i
>>could try to fix this corrupt file?

>when i try to error check the drive it show "the
specified disk
>appears to be a non-windows disk" then immediately fills
in no to "do
>you want to continue" and continues to boot.
>.

1. Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag Defrag

OK, For some time I've watched defrag.

It doesn't matter if what version or whether you check the
"so programs will launch faster."  It always starts at the top
and labours through from the beginning of the drive to the
end of the drive.  That's defrag.

Why can't defrag place the EXE's and DLL's and other NEVER
modified files right at the beginning.  They would be placed
there on first defrag and never have to shuffle them a thousand
times because an INI file was changed.  The whole process
seems stupid at present.

Is there a third party DEFRAG that can sort by filetype?

Does this make sense or am I missing something?
All pros and cons WELCOME.

2. error on saved page

3. setup.ins corrupt file reported when installing programs under win98

4. Registry Clean

5. Interrupted windows 98 defrag corrupted system files

6. Lock down Com port

7. Defrag won't defrag Outlook .pst files

8. Mouse quit with new case

9. DeFrag does not defrag all user account files

10. O&O defrag won't defrag locked files--even at boot time

11. Corrupt data or corrupted files message (help)

12. Defrag corrupts most of my codecs every time

13. Defrag and Corrupted Free Agent Outbox in WinME