No Audio

Post by Regin » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:22:36

Hi, I just plugged my new and 1st pc in.Why is there no
sound? HELP PLEASE? Thanks, Regina x webtv owner/user

No Audio

Post by James » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:53:57

A few things to check:

The most common reason for new machines having no sound is
that they're not plugged in right. I know it sounds
stupid, but unplug all the cables at the back of the PC
and plug them in again, one step at a time (making sure
you follow the set up instructions). The most common
mistake is plugging the speakers into the line in.

If that's not it then check the volume on the speakers,
and in windows?

To check the volume control go to Start-->Control Panel--

Quote:>Sounds and Audio Devices. Make sure the mute optionisn't

selected and that the device volume is set up to the max.
It may also be worth clicking on the advanced option to
make sure all of the individual volume controls are set up.

If it's neither of these things then it could be time to
reinstall the sound drivers.

I hope this helps,

James B
htp://www.xplogos.com