adding new hardware - resources

Post by Kimb » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:33:35

I have recently upgraded to windows XP, and have tried to
install my Casio GZ-500 keyboard. It was no problem on my
old pc, but on my new one, it says that there are not
enough free resources to enable it and that i would have
to disable another device. I've tried everything,
changing I/O ports, but nothing is working. Can anybody
help me?

1. Add New Hardware/Add New Printer

When I select either of these icons through Control
panel, my computer freezes up.  It seems my brand new
DELL was not factory checked and the technical support
has made several suggestions, non of which worked. They
are now telling me to format my hard drive and start over
which I want to avoid if I can.  One of the ideas they
had was to do a repair install.  However, going through
the process, I am asked for administrator password.
There is none, but it would not accept 'enter' as the
password. I followed the instructions to create an
administrator password and that didnt work.  I also tried
resetting all passwords and that didnt work either.  Does
anyone have any suggestions on what to try for a
password, or what another option may be?
Thank you

2. password protect file folders in WIN-XP?

3. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

4. Key Error On Office Keyboard ?

5. Microsoft NET framework configuration

6. add new hardware wizzard keeps re-dectecting installed plug and play hardware

7. powervr.sys

8. New Hardware Wizard appears when no new hardware

9. Appearance of Strange New Hardware Icons in Win95 Control Panel New Hardware Wizard

10. resource kit for WMP 6.4 (to add new features)?

11. New W2K pc adding new HD and wish to add XP

12. XML Resource Files: Adding bitmaps to the resource files