sound recorder

Post by Don Carl » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:40:06

My sound recorder does not work when I use a microphone.
I reinstalled my Sound Blaster software and I can hear
fine but cannot record.

sound recorder

Post by Kevin Sanda » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:04:59

Have you checked your settings to insure the microphone is not muted?
For some odd reason, mine was on mute after a fresh install.
Generally, you can see this setting by right-clicking on the volume
control in  your system tray.

Kevin Sandal

Quote:>My sound recorder does not work when I use a microphone.
>I reinstalled my Sound Blaster software and I can hear
>fine but cannot record.

1. Sound Recorder acts like it is recording but then no sound on playback

I am just trying to record my kids talking using the
Windows sound recorder which I have done in the past. You
can hear the sound that you say into the microphone come
out of the speakers and windows recorder seems to be
working but then when you go to play back the .wav file
(before or after saving) there is nothing.  There are
various files sizes and durations just like one that has
recorded.  Also, I can play other .wav files that have
been recorded at an earlier date.

Thank you.

2. pop-ups

3. Recording Sounds in Sound Recorder

4. intelligent agents

5. Sound recorder keeps defaulting to sound card

6. Shutdown, Windows XP Professional

7. recording on Sound Recorder causes Win95 crash

8. MS Internet Explorer destruction

9. Sound recorder saves to .25 second increments

10. Windows 98 Sound Recorder

11. Sound Recorder download

12. sound recorder

13. Windows sound recorder doesn't work