How to kill Autostart CD's

Post by - 781 » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:03:19

WinME had an option to uncheck the box to disable autostarting a cd upon
insertion.
WinXP has an Autoplay option when I right click on the cd drive in My
Computer.
However there isn't a checkmark to disable the autostart.
How does one kill the autostart, if it's not even in the good ol' properties
in Device Manager?
Thanks
gino

How to kill Autostart CD's

Post by Gerry O'Brie » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:16:12

Navigate in the registry to the;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom and change the
AutoRun key to 0 instead of 1.

--
Gerry O'Brien
Corporate Trainer

"Diplomacy is saying "nice doggy". until you find a rock"

Quote:> WinME had an option to uncheck the box to disable autostarting a cd upon
> insertion.
> WinXP has an Autoplay option when I right click on the cd drive in My
> Computer.
> However there isn't a checkmark to disable the autostart.
> How does one kill the autostart, if it's not even in the good ol'
properties
> in Device Manager?
> Thanks
> gino

How to kill Autostart CD's

Post by - 781 » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:04:25

Thank you
gino

> Navigate in the registry to the;

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom and change the
> AutoRun key to 0 instead of 1.

> --
> Gerry O'Brien
> Corporate Trainer
> Independent Software Development Contractor
> ICQ# 14572013

> "Diplomacy is saying "nice doggy". until you find a rock"

> > WinME had an option to uncheck the box to disable autostarting a cd upon
> > insertion.
> > WinXP has an Autoplay option when I right click on the cd drive in My
> > Computer.
> > However there isn't a checkmark to disable the autostart.
> > How does one kill the autostart, if it's not even in the good ol'
> properties
> > in Device Manager?
> > Thanks
> > gino

1. Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Hello, My problem is that my autostart cds dont auto start anymore. Ive checked
the property tabs for both of my drives and auto insert notification is checked
on both. Is this the proper setting for this or is there some other place to
reactivate this feature. I dont know why it went away in the first place,
possibly little hands at work. Unfortunately the little one (4 year old) doesnt
remember where shes been or whats shes done when I catch her messing with the
'puter(as she calls it). Thanks.
George

2. Smartdrive.. Setup??

3. How to implement Win95 'Autostart' feature in CDs?

4. Newsgroups disappear after logging off and on.

5. Autostarting cd's

6. Executing NT programs from Unix

7. CD RW won't autostart

8. Native application for PocketPC 2003

9. Windows Won't Remember Autostart CD Programs

10. cd/dvd drive won't autostart

11. Win95 CD player autostart and permanently resizing windows (2 separate ?'s)

12. No autostart on cd-rw or dvd/cd drives

13. Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?