Fax viewing problems (MS Fax Console)

Post by Joe Magier » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:16:46

Am using Windows XP and MS Fax Console 5.1.  When I try
to view an incoming or inbox fax, my system opens "MGI
Photo Suite SE" (which was part of the software for my
digital camera, which I installed before MS Fax Console)
to try to display the fax.  That application can't/won't
display the fax.

What application needs to be started to properly display
a fax through MS Fax Console?  How do I change my
system/Fax Console to open the correct application to
view the fax?  Would MS Photo Editor work?  (Still need
to know how to have Fax Console start that application
instead of MGI Photo Suite).

Thanks,

Joe

Fax viewing problems (MS Fax Console)

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:08:25

You need to associate TIF files with XP's Image viewer instead of MGI. The
"open" verb for TIF files should look something like this:
rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

> Am using Windows XP and MS Fax Console 5.1.  When I try
> to view an incoming or inbox fax, my system opens "MGI
> Photo Suite SE" (which was part of the software for my
> digital camera, which I installed before MS Fax Console)
> to try to display the fax.  That application can't/won't
> display the fax.

> What application needs to be started to properly display
> a fax through MS Fax Console?  How do I change my
> system/Fax Console to open the correct application to
> view the fax?  Would MS Photo Editor work?  (Still need
> to know how to have Fax Console start that application
> instead of MGI Photo Suite).

> Thanks,

> Joe

1. MS FAX problem viewing fax

MS fax works well, but I can't view sent fax and incoming fax vith thw
viewer, since I downloaded IE6 Service Pack 1.

Once I save incoming or sent fax then I can view them in Tiff format. But
it's not so useful...

Plz. Anybody can help me? Yhanks in advance.

Marco

2. Help! Sound blaster

3. Can not view Fax from Fax Console

4. IE6

5. View a fax from the Fax Console

6. Outlook Express Email downloads are not current

7. Can't view faxes in Fax Console

8. IE is minimized when a link is opened

9. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

10. Can't view faxes in fax console

11. cannot view fax in Fax Console

12. user is unable to remove fax in MS Fax Console

13. fax monitor problem / fax console using 100% CPU