Upgrading Windows 98 (2nd Ed.) to Windows XP

Upgrading Windows 98 (2nd Ed.) to Windows XP

Post by Radhe Moha » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:08:08

I upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows XP on Dell
Dimension L500c.  When entering the Product Key, the
installer automatically quits and returns to the
initial "Welcome to Windows XP" screen.  This happens
every time.

Appreciate your help.

Post by Ronnie Vernon MV » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:53:03

> I upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows XP on Dell
> Dimension L500c.  When entering the Product Key, the
> installer automatically quits and returns to the
> initial "Welcome to Windows XP" screen.  This happens
> every time.

> Appreciate your help.

Radhe

This is a known issue. See the following KB article for the step by step instructions to resolve the problem.

Windows XP Logs You Off When You Try to Activate the Product:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330136

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

MVP Website:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

DTS-L.ORG Web Site:
http://www.dts-l.org/index.html

Upgrading Windows 98 (2nd Ed.) to Windows XP

Post by Frank » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:30:52

An upgrade usually to XP means that many programs have to be re-installed.
Consider a clean install.

1. Upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows XP Home Ed.

I just upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP.  I had several MS
Word files on the harddrive.  Now they seem to be missing
or placed someplace else.  When I open My Computer and
check the C drive they don't show up.  Any ideas as to
where they are or if I've lost them.

2. Month garbled in View messages

3. Misc Windows 98(2nd ed) Related Questions

4. XP Paging File Error

5. installing 2nd OS (win 98 2nd ed)

6. CNet Pro200WL problems???

7. Upgrading to Windows XP from Win 98 2nd edition

8. Nero Burner & Xp

9. spec drv conv fr 98-2nd ed to XP for QB Pro 2000

10. install xp after 98 2nd ed

11. Windows XP, Windows 98 SE, Windows 98 Network Oddball Behavior

12. Upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp

13. Upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP