Run-time error '453' Can't find DLL entry point

Run-time error '453' Can't find DLL entry point

Post by Peter Hutchiso » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:08:16

Quote:>I recently dowloaded the xp service pack, and wanted to
>install it on my xp OS. I uninstalled all the hot fixes
>for xp thinking that service pack has them.  Now I
>couldn't install the service pack because it has a
>conflict with the OS product ID.  The second thing is that
>this whole uninstalling thing caused my Verizon DSL icon
>to be unactive.  Now everytime I try to make a connection
>to the internet, I get a Run-time error '453' Can't find
>DLL entry point.  Should I put all the fixes back and not
>try to use Service  pack?

No, just reinstall the DSL software back on to XP. The SP1 may have
overwritten some files needed by DSL.

Peter Hutchison
http://www.blizzard.u-net.com/

1. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'

Hi

I recently totally cleaned my PC (re-formatted drive, re-installed Win NT 4
Workstation). Since then I've been unable to compile and run CE code (under
eVC++ 3.0) which previously ran perfectly, and still does on another machine
in the building using the samve .VCW project file and source files. This is
the case *only* when running the Pocket PC emulator (also occurs with CE2.11
PSPC emulator) - real devices work fine. The error is occurring within one
of my own DLLs, which uses MFC collection classes - the project for the DLL
is included within the main project to ensure that the correct build is
available.

The exact error on start-up of any app using the DLL is

'The procedure entry point <name> could not be located in the dynamic link
library inchlib.dll'.

However, .MAP files indicate that the given entry point <name> is available.
Can anyone offer any clues as to what's going on...?? Does MSVC++ 6.0
interfere/clash in any way with eVC++, for instance (e.g. MFC DLL versions)?

Many thanks in advance!

Rob Pym

2. NTLDR is missing

3. techbox run time error '76'; path not found

4. screensaver form we

5. 'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

6. New twist on SLOW win98 Xfer to XP Machine

7. error run-time '7'

8. Active X issues

9. Run-time Error '7'

10. run-time error '91'

11. Run-time error '91'

12. Run-time error '376'

13. Run-time error '-2147417848(80010108)' while attaching ActiveX control