Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Post by ANMS » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:50:08

Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
and these drives.  My drives were working fine until I
installed XP.  They seem to try to read, but either
cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Post by Alvin Brow » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:14:39

Hello

It may help if you can provide what type of driver or name of
components that you are using

Al

> Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
> and these drives.  My drives were working fine until I
> installed XP.  They seem to try to read, but either
> cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Post by Jupiter Jones [MVP » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:46:54

Some drives may have issues with SP-2.
Check with the drive manufacturers and computer manufacturer for
details.

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Quote:> Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
> and these drives.  My drives were working fine until I
> installed XP.  They seem to try to read, but either
> cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Post by Nathan McNult » Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:30

Here are a couple of troubleshooting articles for XP and CD\CDRW drives:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

----
Nathan McNulty

> Some drives may have issues with SP-2.
> Check with the drive manufacturers and computer manufacturer for
> details.

1. Cdrw and CD drives conflicting problem

I installed xp pro on a bp6 dual processor board and ran it for weeks
without any problems.  I added a yamaha 8x8x24 burner to the mix and all was
working fine.  My primary hard drive is alone on the main ide channel and
the burner and cdrom are on the secondary as master and slave drives.  All
of a sudden when I boot I have no cd drives!.  They are listed in the bios
when I boot but when I enter device manager they are correctly listed under
cd drives but with the yellow exclamation mark before them.  I've
uninstalled them in windows and rebooted and they come back with the
exclamation marks.  I have all of the latest updates and can find no
conflicts with my hardware.  Any help would really be appreciated.

2. 25 - READ ME - MEXICO

3. CD wizard asks for cdrw when cdrw is in drive

4. PC locks up with WinME & McAfee

5. dvd and cdrw drives have "conflicts"

6. MM2 and analog video capture

7. LG CDRW drives conflicting!

8. test

9. CD ROM drive has no power and CDRW drive doesn't show up!

10. XP keeps rebooting - conflict with my CD ROM drives

11. CD/CDRW Drive Not Reading CD's

12. CD-DVD Drive/CDRW Drive Disappeared

13. CD drive doesn't recognize CDRW in CD Burning Wizard