XP-Pro endless booting

Post by Chuck Kampmille » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:31:11

My desktop running XP-Pro started doing the reboot thing the other night.
It's a PIII-933 on an Abit BX133 with 512mb memory, Nvidia video card,
D-Link wireless card, and other misc. crap.  Anyway it will not boot normal,
last good configuration or any of the 3 safe modes.  I tried it with another
disk drive that has XP-Pro installed and got the same indications.  I also
tried
another video card and that was no help either.  Any good ideas out there?
I may try that spare XP-Pro drive on another computer just to see what
happens.

--

        Chuck Kampmiller
        Aloha, Oregon

XP-Pro endless booting

Post by Ken » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:36:48

Chuck the same thing happened to me. I am running a clone
with xp installed on a 40 gig hard drive. Was runing fine
then one day it started the reboot cycle and wouldn't let
me run any of the safe mode. I had to reload xp, but it
reloaded another version ( after several warnings) on the
same hard drive. But it works. Obviously something went
wrong with the boot.ini file. I tried resetting the MBR
with XP recovery console and with Ghost Gdisk, but nothing
worked except reloading windows.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My desktop running XP-Pro started doing the reboot thing
the other night.
>It's a PIII-933 on an Abit BX133 with 512mb memory,
Nvidia video card,
>D-Link wireless card, and other misc. crap.  Anyway it

will not boot normal,
Quote:>last good configuration or any of the 3 safe modes.  I

tried it with another
Quote:>disk drive that has XP-Pro installed and got the same

indications.  I also
Quote:>tried