problem with power saving

Post by Jud McCrani » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:14:58

I'm using the power saving to turn the monitor off after 5 minutes of
inactivity.  It does that.  But for the last few days, from time to time it
comes back on by itself, and then it will go off again.  This _seemed_ to
start after I let my kid play some of her games on my computer.  (Most of
them do strange things to the video.)  I've restarted and I've shut all the
way down, and it didn't fix it.  Is there a way to fix this?

1. Problems with Power Saving Options

I have a screen saver set to activate after 20 minutes. I also have power
options set to turn off monitor after 1 hour.  Problem is that the monitor
doesn't turn off after 1 hour. However, if I change the setting to say 1
minute and sit there it turns off.  Problem seems to be specific to 3d
screensavers though. Haven't seen anything of reported problems but it's
easily reproducable  Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Missing File

3. Problem with power saving mode in Windows 2000

4. Windows Explorer is Causing errors

5. XP unable to save new Power Schemes under the Power Options Properties

6. printing in XP with DOS

7. D-Drive powering off (power saving option)

8. Horizontal Scrolling Listbox

9. XP Unable to save new Power Schemes under Power Options Properties

10. Power Management (power save) in NT.

11. problem with Iiyama monitor power save mode

12. Jornada Power save problem

13. Power saving problems with Stealth card