GeneLink 1.13A usb file transfer problem

GeneLink 1.13A usb file transfer problem

Post by poipoi.. » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:45:54

Hello!

i have a problem connecting two pc-s with this usb cable in win xp.
It connects sometimes and works fine but often it dont resolve the
remote desktop files.

Please report any usable older drivers (with link) or any suggestions.

Thanks

Sebastian

1. Problem with USB to USB file transfer cable on XP

Hi, all:

I did a search on groups.google.com already but can't find any answer
for my problem. I got a generic usb to usb file transfer cable
(brandname: Archeon, product#: YC-100d, made in China) and it was
working fine when I try to connect my office PC (Windows 2000) and my
laptop (Win98). In this setting, I'm using the driver from the
included CDROM, and the included software called "genelink" is version
1.08A. But when I use my home PC (Windows XP Pro) with this cable, as
the CDROM has a XP version of driver, so I installed it, but for some
reason when I use the genelink (something similar to LapLink, included
in the CDROM) software to connect my laptop (Win98) with my home PC
(XP Pro), it will NOT work. Why is that? The only thing that I can
think of is that maybe the genelink for XP version is 1.11A while the
genelink for both Win98 and Win2000 is 1.08A, and since the version#
is different, so maybe that matters... does anyone has similar problem
right now? Any solution? I did a search on google.com but can't find
any tech support Web site of this company, any help would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks again!

2. Sending keystrokes from VC application

3. home networking with "genelink USB adapter"

4. .dbx file

5. USB comp. A to USB comp B. file transfer?

6. Windows XP prefetch

7. usb bulk file transfer

8. Unread messages note on XP log on screen

9. Transferring files via USB Direct Connect

10. Iomega usb zip drive reboots computer during file transfer

11. Transferring files using USB

12. direct USB cable connection to 2nd computer for file transfers?

13. USB File transfer