Counter Strike Connection Problems i.e. I CAN'T GET CONNECTED AT ALL!

Counter Strike Connection Problems i.e. I CAN'T GET CONNECTED AT ALL!

Post by John Hughe » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:30:47

Hey, hope someone can help me with this. I just recently installed Windows
XP Pro. I then installed Half Life and all the updates for it and Counter
Strike. My problem is when I go to play I can't get connected to any server.
Usually what happens is it starts trying to connect and I get a windows XP
window come up saying you have ignored an incoming call. Then it tries to
connect four times and then gives up. Either that or else it comes up NET
PACKET ERROR : NO ERROR or something along those lines and brings me back to
the desktop! Anyone got any ideas as to how I can get this working? I've
disabled the built in Firewall so that's not the problem... Any help would
be very welcome. Thanks!

John.

Counter Strike Connection Problems i.e. I CAN'T GET CONNECTED AT ALL!

Post by Space Gu » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:40:12

on the cs forums.. i heard is something to do with the
memory.. go there and read.. forums.counter-strike.net

hope that helps

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hey, hope someone can help me with this. I just recently
installed Windows
>XP Pro. I then installed Half Life and all the updates
for it and Counter
>Strike. My problem is when I go to play I can't get

connected to any server.
Quote:>Usually what happens is it starts trying to connect and
I get a windows XP
>window come up saying you have ignored an incoming call.
Then it tries to
>connect four times and then gives up. Either that or

else it comes up NET
Quote:>PACKET ERROR : NO ERROR or something along those lines

and brings me back to
Quote:>the desktop! Anyone got any ideas as to how I can get
this working? I've
>disabled the built in Firewall so that's not the

problem... Any help would
Quote:>be very welcome. Thanks!

>John.

>.

1. Counter Strike wont says cant connect but im on a DSL connection that is always

I just installed Counter strike and it says "could not
connect to game server Reason: could not complete
connection attempt".  I can get on chat but I cant play
what do I do any suggestions.  I have DSL and i have open
pages so I know Im connected to the net.  This is very
frustrating and I would appreciate any help.

2. no NT - mac Communication

3. Counter-Strike 'lag' bursts with WAN

4. Problems with Windows 2000 DHCP server Leases.

5. Counter strike 1.1 doesn't work :-(

6. Booting from a mirrored HD

7. Counter strike 1.4 problem

8. XP Clean Install Question

9. Counter-Strike problem - OpenGL

10. Hal-Life Counter-Strike Mod problem.

11. GRaphic problems in opengl (counter-strike)

12. OpenGL Problem "Counter Strike"

13. XP counter strike Lan game problems