Random Icon Changes

Post by Adven » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:18:40

Does anyone have some insight into this?  I am using XP
pro and keep it updated.  Overall everthing is fine, but
at least once a week my icons of things I keep on my
desktop change into other random icons.  I've especially
noticed this with Photoshop, Illustrator and EPS files
(files that can have their thumbnails be their icons).
Is my system some how corrupted.  Any insights would be
incredibly appreciated.  Thanks!

Random Icon Changes

Post by Andrej Budj » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 07:57:26

Try to delete the IconCache.db file

\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data

Andrej

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:18:40 -0700, "Advent"

>Does anyone have some insight into this?  I am using XP
>pro and keep it updated.  Overall everthing is fine, but
>at least once a week my icons of things I keep on my
>desktop change into other random icons.  I've especially
>noticed this with Photoshop, Illustrator and EPS files
>(files that can have their thumbnails be their icons).
>Is my system some how corrupted.  Any insights would be
>incredibly appreciated.  Thanks!

1. My Music folder icon changed to defualt icon and i cant change it back?!!

Hello Luke,
    Open the My Music folder, then in the address bar type "\desktop.ini" at
the end of the path and press enter.  In notepad delete change the text of
the file to:
    [DeleteOnCopy]
    Owner=Douglas Thrift
    Personalized=13
    PersonalizedName=My Music
    [.ShellClassInfo]

    IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
    IconIndex=-237
But use your user name for owner instead of mine.
Douglas William Thrift

http://www.douglasthrift.net/

2. wjview error

3. Random Play not Random at start

4. HELP PLEASE!!

5. Special Favorites Icons change back to IE icon

6. Other Devices

7. Favorite Icons change to Explorer Icons

8. IRQs

9. Changing ie icon back to the default icon

10. Change the view of icons from Tiles to Icons

11. Change CD icons and any other icons for that matter

12. Drive Icons Changing - Default Icon Definition?

13. Icon File Type, how to change icon back to normal