Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Tom » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:21:53

Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP 4X?
I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
this.
I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
Thanks in advance.

Tom

AMD Athlon xp 1500+
VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
256 MB DDR Memory
64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
XP Home

56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
*drv CW038D CDR/RW
40GB Seagate HD
16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Yves Lecler » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:16:29

You need to tell the computer BIOS to set at 4X the AGP slot and then in
Windows XP, you need to install the VIA 4 in 1 chipset drivers AGP module in
Turbo mode.  Install/re-install the VIA chipset driver every time you
install/update  the video driver and all should be at 4X.

Yves

Quote:> Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP
4X?
> I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
> browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
> this.
> I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
> about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> Thanks in advance.

> Tom

> AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> 256 MB DDR Memory
> 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> XP Home

> 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> 40GB Seagate HD
> 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Jeff Parke » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:58:34

What do you do in XP to see what speed the AGP is going at?

> You need to tell the computer BIOS to set at 4X the AGP slot and then in
> Windows XP, you need to install the VIA 4 in 1 chipset drivers AGP module
in
> Turbo mode.  Install/re-install the VIA chipset driver every time you
> install/update  the video driver and all should be at 4X.

> Yves

> > Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP
> 4X?
> > I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> > lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
> > browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
> > this.
> > I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
> > about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> > Thanks in advance.

> > Tom

> > AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> > VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> > 256 MB DDR Memory
> > 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> > XP Home

> > 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> > Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> > *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> > 40GB Seagate HD
> > 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> > Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> > Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> > Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by S. D » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:34:07

Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The G2 TI
series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support 4X +.
If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by your
card.
The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to get a
new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
HTH

Quote:> Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP
4X?
> I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
> browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
> this.
> I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
> about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> Thanks in advance.

> Tom

> AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> 256 MB DDR Memory
> 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> XP Home

> 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> 40GB Seagate HD
> 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Tom » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 04:07:58

Ok cool will do the via reinstall- but I think it is the bios im stuck with-
nothing with logical
options of 0,1,2,4X apparent
:(
I have in cmos under 'AGP & PnP Bridge control' -(which is where I thought
it would be) the following:
AGP Aperture = [64]
AGP Driving Control = [Auto]
AGP Driving Value = [AD]
AGP Fastwrites = [enabled]

If i select manual driving control, and try to change the driving value I
get asked to enter a hexidecimal number between 0000 and 00FF- yikes
Is this how? :)
Thanks
Tom

> You need to tell the computer BIOS to set at 4X the AGP slot and then in
> Windows XP, you need to install the VIA 4 in 1 chipset drivers AGP module
in
> Turbo mode.  Install/re-install the VIA chipset driver every time you
> install/update  the video driver and all should be at 4X.

> Yves

> > Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP
> 4X?
> > I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> > lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
> > browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
> > this.
> > I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
> > about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> > Thanks in advance.

> > Tom

> > AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> > VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> > 256 MB DDR Memory
> > 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> > XP Home

> > 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> > Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> > *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> > 40GB Seagate HD
> > 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> > Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> > Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> > Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Tom » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:06:40

Are you sure about the 2X? :(
I mean are you sure its categorical?

> Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The G2
TI
> series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support 4X
+.
> If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by
your
> card.
> The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
> If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to get
> new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
> HTH

> > Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running AGP
> 4X?
> > I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> > lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X- ive
> > browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously controls
> > this.
> > I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but thats
> > about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> > Thanks in advance.

> > Tom

> > AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> > VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> > 256 MB DDR Memory
> > 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> > XP Home

> > 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> > Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> > *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> > 40GB Seagate HD
> > 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> > Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> > Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> > Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Ralf » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:06:47

Geforce 2s  are all 2x/4x cards. See:
http://www.veryComputer.com/;       and similar
pages.

GeForce 3s, are also 2x/4x and Geforce 4s are 4x/8x, as per:
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Are you sure about the 2X? :(
> I mean are you sure its categorical?

> > Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The
G2
> TI
> > series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support
4X
> +.
> > If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by
> your
> > card.
> > The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
> > If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to
get
> > new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
> > HTH

> > > Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running
AGP
> > 4X?
> > > I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> > > lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X-
ive
> > > browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously
controls
> > > this.
> > > I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but
thats
> > > about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Tom

> > > AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> > > VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> > > 256 MB DDR Memory
> > > 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> > > XP Home

> > > 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> > > Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> > > *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> > > 40GB Seagate HD
> > > 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> > > Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> > > Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> > > Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Ralf » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:10:09

Forgot to add... did you install the VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers? They're
needed if you want full motherboard features support.

> Are you sure about the 2X? :(
> I mean are you sure its categorical?

> > Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The
G2
> TI
> > series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support
4X
> +.
> > If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by
> your
> > card.
> > The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
> > If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to
get
> > new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
> > HTH

> > > Windows XP HomeCan anyone tell me how I can get my Geforce2 running
AGP
> > 4X?
> > > I have various utilities (incl the panel coming with detonators 41.09)
> > > lately which cant seem to make any difference, still remains at 2X-
ive
> > > browsed through the bios but cant find anything that obviously
controls
> > > this.
> > > I have found where the Fastwrites can be enabled which i want, but
thats
> > > about it. Any advice, website suggestions would be equally welcome
> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Tom

> > > AMD Athlon xp 1500+
> > > VIA Apollo KT266A ATX Motherboard
> > > 256 MB DDR Memory
> > > 64MB Geforce2 mx 400 (AGP TV-Out Prolink)
> > > XP Home

> > > 56K Aztech Modem (MSP3885e)
> > > Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F
> > > *drv CW038D CDR/RW
> > > 40GB Seagate HD
> > > 16 Bit On board Sound (AC'97)
> > > Logitech Dual Optical Mouse (USB)
> > > Epson Perfection 1250 Photo (USB)
> > > Epson Stylus Photo 810 (USB)

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Tom » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:55:47

no... But Im er on it :)

> Forgot to add... did you install the VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers? They're
> needed if you want full motherboard features support.

> > Are you sure about the 2X? :(
> > I mean are you sure its categorical?

> > > Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The
> G2
> > TI
> > > series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support
> 4X
> > +.
> > > If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by
> > your
> > > card.
> > > The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
> > > If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to
> get
> > > new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
> > > HTH

> AGP
> > > 4X?
> ive
> controls
> thats

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Tom » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 02:15:55

Ill look them up- but am still a bit bewildered by this bios issue- havent
found out how to enable 4X function yet! Any help on that besides "you need
to enable it in bios" would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Thanks
Tom

> Forgot to add... did you install the VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers? They're
> needed if you want full motherboard features support.

> > Are you sure about the 2X? :(
> > I mean are you sure its categorical?

> > > Unfortunately the G2 MX and GO series only supports up to 2X AGP.  The
> G2
> > TI
> > > series I could not find out any info on this. The G3 and above support
> 4X
> > +.
> > > If you are having trouble getting 4X check to see what is supported by
> > your
> > > card.
> > > The Settings will be made inside of your BIOS.
> > > If your Card supports the 4X AGP and the BIOS doesn;t, you may need to
> get
> > > new Motherboard.  A simple BIOS upgrade will not accomplish this.
> > > HTH

> AGP
> > > 4X?
> ive
> controls
> thats

Nvidia AGP 4X ?

Post by Ralf » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:33:34

Where the setting might be found in BIOS, or if it even exists (eg. it is
not a settable item in my BIOS), depends on whose brand of mobo you have. If
there's no guide to BIOS settings in your motherboard owners manual the
manufacturer's website should have that information. There is a registry
tweak for VIA 133A chipsets and Nvidia graphics (at VIATECH) but I don't
know if it would apply to the 266A as well.

> Ill look them up- but am still a bit bewildered by this bios issue- havent
> found out how to enable 4X function yet! Any help on that besides "you
need
> to enable it in bios" would be greatly appreciated ;-)

> Thanks
> Tom

> > Forgot to add... did you install the VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers? They're
> > needed if you want full motherboard features support.

> > > Are you sure about the 2X? :(
> > > I mean are you sure its categorical?

The
> > G2
> > > TI
> > 4X
> > > +.
> > > your
> > get

> > AGP
> 41.09)
> > ive
> > controls
> > thats

---

1. Can't enable 4X AGP w/4X board & graphics card

Hello to all-

Hope that someone here can help.  I've been posting all
over the place but so far no answer.

I have the ECS L7VMM motherboard w/VIA KM266/8233
chipset.  Running 512DDR, WinXP-pro, Athlon XP 1600,
Maxtor 60GB HD 133ATA, WD 40GB HD 100ATA, Samsung 224 24X
CD-RW, Lite-On DVD.

Board came with onboard graphics which are disabled with
the addition of an AGP card.  I also removed the onboard
from BIOS & device manager.  All of the newest drivers
are in place w/NO errors or problems showing in device
manager.

I had the Geforce3 Ti 200 card & now the ATI All-In-
Wonder Radeon 8500 128mb. All new ATI drivers are
installed.

I run Sisoft Sandra & 3DMark & both show AGP as 2X.  My
score in Madonion's 3D are just at 8000- same as the 64mb
Radeon card.

If I look under display properties (from desktop)
ATI's "Smartgart" show 1x, 2x, 4x capability but it's set
at 2X.  If I move the slider bar to 4X, it will not stay
on reboot.

Both mobo & video cards support 4X- what is going on?

Anyone??

2. Win95 and Promise EIDE

3. How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

4. Solution: synching and dialing out

5. AGP 2x/4x versus AGP 1x/2x

6. Windows xp and hardware

7. AGP 4x to AGP 8x

8. PDF files

9. AGP 1x/2x versus AGP 2x/4x

10. AGP 4X - Motherboard MSI 694D Pro Dual Processor has AGP 2X?

11. ASUS AGP 4x v7700 32MB DDR Deluxe -- Retail Boxed -- New

12. AGP 4x VIA kt333 boot

13. XP and AGP 4X