installing 2nd OS (win 98 2nd ed)

Post by Robert Beatt » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:40:47

Hi
Could anybody tell me how to install windows 98 2nd ed as
a 2nd OS to my already installed windows XP Home
edition?.I am doing a course on IT from home ,and it is
all based on windows 98.It is difficult to learn about
Windows 98 when your OS is XP ,as very little seems to be
the same.
I have a 30 gig hard drive which has 2 partitions of 10
gig and 20 gig (approx),using FAT 32 partitioning.
The Windows XP is on the C drive ,and the D drive has
very little on it so far.
Thanks
Robert

installing 2nd OS (win 98 2nd ed)

Post by Tom Porterfiel » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 20:26:56

Quote:> Could anybody tell me how to install windows 98 2nd ed as
> a 2nd OS to my already installed windows XP Home
> edition?.I am doing a course on IT from home ,and it is
> all based on windows 98.It is difficult to learn about
> Windows 98 when your OS is XP ,as very little seems to be
> the same.
> I have a 30 gig hard drive which has 2 partitions of 10
> gig and 20 gig (approx),using FAT 32 partitioning.
> The Windows XP is on the C drive ,and the D drive has
> very little on it so far.

See the good article that Doug Knox has written on how to do this:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP (DTS)