DESKTOP SHOWING 1/3 REST IS HOMEPAGE

Post by MRUP » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:35:03

THE LEFT 1/3 OF MY DESKTOP HAS BACKGROUND PICTURE THE
RIGHT 2/3 IS SHOWING MY HOME PAGE HOW DO I GET THE RIGHT
2/3 OFF MY DESKTOP???

DESKTOP SHOWING 1/3 REST IS HOMEPAGE

Post by Michael S » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:40:39

It sounds as though "Tile" is selected.  Right click the taskbar, remove the
check from the selected "Tile" option.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Quote:> THE LEFT 1/3 OF MY DESKTOP HAS BACKGROUND PICTURE THE

Post by MURP » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:59:22

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>THE LEFT 1/3 OF MY DESKTOP HAS BACKGROUND PICTURE THE
>RIGHT 2/3 IS SHOWING MY HOME PAGE HOW DO I GET THE RIGHT
>2/3 OFF MY DESKTOP???
>.
>THE TILE OPTION IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED THEREFORE NOT USEABLE

DESKTOP SHOWING 1/3 REST IS HOMEPAGE

Post by Ed C » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:05:33

First take off the caps LOCK. there's a setting to show your home page on
the desktop. If you had asked the Q with the caps lock off I'd find it and
tell you BUTTT. Do a search for this setting in help. I hoped this was
helpful.

Post by MURP » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:19:17

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

> [...]

COMPUTER I AM USING AT THIS TIME 2 DIFF COMPUTERS HELP ME
WITH WHAT OPTION TO SHOW HOMEPAGE ON DESKTOP IVE BEEN
LOOKIN FOR THIS PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

DESKTOP SHOWING 1/3 REST IS HOMEPAGE

Post by Michael Steven » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:27:47

Quote:

> [...]

Murph,
Typing in all caps is the equivalent of screaming/shouting when posting
messages on the newsgroups, email, etc. It is also difficult to read and
many people will skip right over a post in all caps.

Go to Control Panel>Display Properties>Desktop>Customize Desktop. You can
fix your problem there.
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

http://michaelstevenstech.com

Post by Amethys » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:28:45

> [...]

Look, you retard, I was going to assist you but, as you seem to have an
attitude problem - as well as a sight problem - I don't think I'll bother.
--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!'

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of 1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post all
correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

1. Partial Page display / Scrub with mouse to show the rest

I am using IE 5.1.4 (4415.2) with Mac OS X 10.1.4.  This bug has been
happening since IE 5.1 and OS X 10.1 though.

Once in a while and on some sites more than others, IE will display
only parts of the page, with other parts left blank.  Scrubbing the
mouse cursor over the blank spots will sometimes reveal links or text
that are not displayed.

This seems to happen frequently at www.photo.net.  Sometimes the site
works fine, but after a longer browsing session, I encouter this
behavior.

Any body else seeing this happen?

I can't find anywhere to log a bug at microsoft's site.  Hopefully
some MS person will see this and log it.

2. Change Resolution on Monitor

3. "show desktop" icon shown incorrectly

4. Swap file Growth"????

5. Windows XP - ICS doesnt show certain homepages on client side

6. pop up windows

7. Pictures not showing on MSN's homepage.

8. Is this a hardware or a driver problem?

9. megago showed up as my homepage and I can't remove

10. Customize active desktop --- Show Desktop icons!

11. What makes a good homepage a good homepage?

12. Homepage greyed out in options can't change to my homepage

13. AM, PM showing in sent/received column