bootlog

Post by Robi » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:08:45

Hi,

Does XP have a bootlog.txt file similar to that in earlier versions?

Thanks

Robin Davies

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

bootlog

Post by shockwaverider » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 06:20:44

yes press F8 at startup and select Enable Boot Logging and it will create a
boot log called ntbtlog.txt  in %systemroot% where %systemroot% is usually
c:\windows or c:\winnt........or just do a echo %systemroot% from a command
prompt.....or a set from a command prompt to see all the enviornment
varibales that are defined on your system

--
NT4 MVP 1999-2000

Quote:> Hi,

> Does XP have a bootlog.txt file similar to that in earlier versions?

> Thanks

> Robin Davies

>  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

1. BOOTLOG.PRV & BOOTLOG.TXT

Win98. When starting in logged mode, the previous Bootlog.txt file
will be renamed to Bootlog.prv and a new Bootlog.txt file will be
created. The corresponding XP file is named NTBTLOG.TXT.

You can delete both files w/o any complications.

--
d-d

2. HOW DO I play a vidio

3. bootlog

4. Question about bcc

5. Bootlog.txt for Windows XP?

6. test

7. XP bootlog explination pleadse on slow startup

8. CEdit control auto-V-scroll and CSocket

9. What happened to Bootlog.txt?

10. Mr Freeze and bootlog

11. Bootlog and System log

12. bootlog.ini

13. Windows Bootlog explination please on slow startup