Font color in folders

Post by VOATMJ » Thu, 01 May 2003 08:45:33

I created a folder that has all of my MP3's in them, and for some reason, XP
(Home Edition) has changed the font color from black to a light blue. the
MP3's still work just fine, just the color has changed. How can I change the
color back to black? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

Font color in folders

Post by GSV Three Minds in a Ca » Thu, 01 May 2003 14:21:41

Quote:>I created a folder that has all of my MP3's in them, and for some reason, XP
>(Home Edition) has changed the font color from black to a light blue. the
>MP3's still work just fine, just the color has changed. How can I change the
>color back to black? Thanks in advance for your help.

start, help 'color folder', #6 on the list, may be what you are seeing?

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can

Font color in folders

Post by Alex Nicho » Thu, 01 May 2003 18:52:55

>I created a folder that has all of my MP3's in them, and for some reason, XP
>(Home Edition) has changed the font color from black to a light blue. the
>MP3's still work just fine, just the color has changed. How can I change the
>color back to black?

Light blue on an NTFS drive indicates that the folder is set to be
compressed: which is quite pointless for mp3 files.  Go to the level
above, right click the folder, take Properties, and click the Advanced
button.  Uncheck the 'compress to save space' box (and the encrypt if
*that* has got checked)  and OK, then click Apply and tell it that the
change applies to this folder, sub folders and files.  You may well find
you actually gain space by  'decompressing' mp3

--
Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows - File Systems)

Font color in folders

Post by VOATMJ » Thu, 01 May 2003 19:49:03

Thank-you GSV and Alex for replying.  GSV your solution was right on the on
the money! Alex, thank you for suggesting the compression option. I did not
know that existed. The compression was unchecked by the way, but I did not
do it, I guess XP did.  Thanks again to your both!!