Importing .pst files

Post by rober » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:56:46

I have a computer and a laptop.  I can access my personal
folders on my computer but not on my laptop.  I've done
the following:

1) File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
2) Locate .pst file on h drive and click ok

Upon clicking ok, receive error message: Properties for
this information must be defined prior to use.  Checked MS
Knowledge Base and it states to remove read only attribute
from .pst file.  The read only attribute has no check mark
beside it.

Any help would be appreciated

Robert

Importing .pst files

Post by Jetr » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:22:43

Copy .pst file onto laptop.

Importing .pst files

Post by joust in jes » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:45:42

Put a floppy disk in your desktop.

1. File
2. Import and Export
3. From Import and Export Wizard, choose "Export to a file"
4. Click "Next" button
5. Choose "Personal Folder File (.pst)
6. Click "Next" button
7. From the Export Personal Folders wizard, select what you want to save
(e.g. "Personal Folders", or "Inbox") BE SURE to put a check in the box
"Include subfolders"
Click "Next" button
8. In "Save exported file as:"  click the "Browse" button and browse to your
floppy disk
9. Click "Finish" button to save the *.pst file to floppy

Put the floppy in your laptop, and follow the above instructions, choosing
"Import" instead of "Export". Accept the default location for the imported
files. In the last step, under "Options" be sure to check "Replace
duplicates with items imported".

steve

Quote:> I have a computer and a laptop.  I can access my personal
> folders on my computer but not on my laptop.  I've done
> the following:

> 1) File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
> 2) Locate .pst file on h drive and click ok

> Upon clicking ok, receive error message: Properties for
> this information must be defined prior to use.  Checked MS
> Knowledge Base and it states to remove read only attribute
> from .pst file.  The read only attribute has no check mark
> beside it.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Robert

Importing .pst files

Post by rober » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:16:10

Thanks all

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a computer and a laptop.  I can access my personal
>folders on my computer but not on my laptop.  I've done
>the following:

>1) File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
>2) Locate .pst file on h drive and click ok

>Upon clicking ok, receive error message: Properties for
>this information must be defined prior to use.  Checked
MS
>Knowledge Base and it states to remove read only
attribute
>from .pst file.  The read only attribute has no check
mark
>beside it.

>Any help would be appreciated

>Robert
>.

Importing .pst files

Post by rober » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:42:14

Still getting same error message: Properties for this
information must be defined prior to use.

Importing .pst files

Post by joust in jes » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:33:17

Robert:

You need to go to a dedicated Outlook newsgroup rather than a hardware
newsgroup.

Try one of these:

microsoft.public.outlook

microsoft.public.outlook.general

steve

Quote:> Still getting same error message: Properties for this
> information must be defined prior to use.

1. import *.pst file

i purchased a new machine today. installed XP home
edition. got Outlook Express up and running. i want to
import the pst file on my wife's Xp home edition + office
XP which has Oulook (not Express). that e-mail package
creates a *.pst file which i want to import into Outlook
Express.
when i go to File>Import>Messages>Microsoft Oulook it
gives me an error sayin "messages cannot be imported from
the MAPI client" i went to the FAQ page and read up on
it. it says to do what i am doing.
why will it not work?
i'd appreciate any thoughts,
take care,
Stephen

2. What does the CE stand for?

3. Importing .pst files into OE 6.0

4. Printing Text and Graphics

5. Importing pst file into outlook express?

6. Sharing a Printer

7. Importing .pst files to OE6

8. file type

9. Importing .pst file

10. How to import *.PST file

11. Import .pst file into Outlook

12. If we can Import .pst file without Outlook?

13. Import *.pst files to OE 6