Have lost Fast User Switching in Windows XPHome Edition

Have lost Fast User Switching in Windows XPHome Edition

Post by Nigel Summan » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:38:21

I was downloading various application upgrades and then
found upon a reboot that I had lost the Welcome screen
and the Fast User Switching facility.

When I try to get it back the following message appears:

"Arecently installed program has disabled the Welcome
screen and Fast User Switching.  To restore these
features you must uninstall the programme.  The following
file name might help you identify the program that made
the change:

ginamsi.dll

I didn't install a program.

Any ideas to resolve this issue?

regards

Nigel

Have lost Fast User Switching in Windows XPHome Edition

Post by Pete » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 02:33:23

Hi,

Applications = programs

Peter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I was downloading various application upgrades and then
>found upon a reboot that I had lost the Welcome screen
>and the Fast User Switching facility.

>When I try to get it back the following message appears:

>"Arecently installed program has disabled the Welcome
>screen and Fast User Switching.  To restore these
>features you must uninstall the programme.  The
following
>file name might help you identify the program that made
>the change:

>ginamsi.dll

>I didn't install a program.

>Any ideas to resolve this issue?

>regards

>Nigel
>.

1. Windows XP Patch: Windows XP Media Center Edition Fast User Switching Hotfix

Overview
Download this package if you use Fast User Switching on Windows XP Media
Center Edition. This will correct the problem where your Media Center PC may
stop responding when you switch between users while watching live TV. For
more information about this issue, read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
811009 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];811009).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0fda3ddb-088...

--
Andy Vanosdale
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition

2. (controll panel)game controller option not detecting joystick

3. Lost "fast user switching" between 2 user accts.

4. monitor

5. Question for Windows XP Users using PC Anywhere 10.5 - Fast User Switching disabled????

6. Cannot log on

7. Image don't show red x in IE6 sp1

8. Lose Mouse w/ Fast User Switching

9. Fast User Switching Lost

10. Mouse Button Assignments Lost after Fast User Switch

11. lost fast user switching

12. Fast User Switching - not so fast