Help deleting start programs please!!!

Post by pm95 » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:51:06

I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard, and eliminated
creative sound labs audigy sound card.  When I boot, the system still
is looking for several creative components because the creative task
bar, disk detector, nomad detector, etc, are still in the start
programs in Windows XP.

I can access the start programs list in the Accessories/system
tools/system information file, but how do I eliminate these programs
from the start program list??  I cannot figure this one out, probably
overlooking something.

Also, the icons for these programs still are in the control panel, but
I cannot delete them because the programs themselves have been removed
using the delete software panel.

Please Help!!!

Help deleting start programs please!!!

Post by purplehaz0 » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:05:35

When you made the hardware change did you do a repair install?
If you did uninstall the software in question, then just right click on the
shortcuts in the start menu, all programs, startup folder and choose delete.
Also goto: start, run, msconfig, ok, startup tab, if any are listed there,
uncheck them. I icons in the control panel will have a .cpl extension, find
them and delete.

--
-- purplehaz03 --

:
: I can access the start programs list in the Accessories/system
: tools/system information file, but how do I eliminate these programs
: from the start program list??  I cannot figure this one out, probably
: overlooking something.
:
: Also, the icons for these programs still are in the control panel, but
: I cannot delete them because the programs themselves have been removed
: using the delete software panel.
:
: Please Help!!!

1. deleting programs -please help

i recently got some stupid advertising programs or something while i
had zonealarm turned off.  now some of them, wwn91.exe, wwjs.exe, etc.
are trying to access the net.  i have denied access, but i cant delete
them.  their locations are c:/documents and settings/my user/local
settings...

except there is no local settings in my folders-how do i delete them?
please help

2. NT 4.0 without CD-ROM

3. deleting program folders from start menu->all programs

4. Cheaper Alpha memory?

5. Can't delete a program...please help

6. Cut down XPE image size

7. Disk partition larger

8. Slow Opening Of Programs After Running msconfig To Delete Verizon DSL Support: Help, Please

9. Icons in Start -> Programs menu, but programs deleted

10. HELP PLEASE program group icons deleted on exit

11. please help- slow programs after start- up

12. Program taking 1 min to start up..help please