File Explorer loads on Start up

Post by Rand » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 01:26:09

When Windows XP Home starts up, it loads the File Explorer
and opens to My Documents.

I do not want it to load this way.  I have checked the
Start up for all users and nothing in the start up.

I have used msconfig to check the start up process and
have taken items out of the System.ini, Boot.ini, Win.ini,
and services.  Nothing has stopped it from loading the
File Explorer.

Any help or thoughts would be welcome.

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. How to set up registry before calling ActivateDevice()

3. Timing out?

4. Internet Explorer Loads on Start-up

5. You're in Serious Trouble (veu0xy)

6. Internet Explorer 5 On Mac OS 8.5.1 Will Not Open/Start/Load

7. XP won't boot

8. How to load Outlook Express automatically when Internet Explorer starts

9. not my homepage loads on starting Internet Explorer v6

10. windows explorer does not start/load/run

11. Windows Explorer automatically loads at start up

12. How do I load a memory exe before windows xp starts to load?