Built in Defrager

Post by Nick » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:47:34

Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?

Built in Defrager

Post by Justin Chandle » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:55:19

they are the exact same program.

Quote:> Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
> Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?

Built in Defrager

Post by QuarkBom » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:56:34

Diskeeper's more advanced and it needs a license. :(

: they are the exact same program.
:
:

: > Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
: > Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?
:
:

Built in Defrager

Post by QuarkBom » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:57:38

Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs --> Add/Remove System Components (or
whatever) --> System Tools.
It's hard to miss!
You already uninstalled it, reverse what you did!

: Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
: Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?

Built in Defrager

Post by Justin Chandle » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:11:15

the xp defragger is DISKEEPER LITE.  only diskeeper pro has a few more
features... VERY few more features.

> Diskeeper's more advanced and it needs a license. :(

> : they are the exact same program.
> :
> :

> : > Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
> : > Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?
> :
> :

Built in Defrager

Post by QuarkBom » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:16:20

Diskeeper will defrag at reboot, so that it can consolidate the MFT, System
Files, Paging File etc. etc.
Defrag won't do this.

: the xp defragger is DISKEEPER LITE.  only diskeeper pro has a few more
: features... VERY few more features.
:
:

: > Diskeeper's more advanced and it needs a license. :(
: >
: >

: > : they are the exact same program.
: > :
: > :

: > : > Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
: > : > Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Built in Defrager

Post by Vaughn McMillan - Executive Softwar » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:44:59

Justin -

In short, you're wrong.

They are completely different programs, maintained by completely
different companies, in completely different parts of the country.
The Disk Defragmenter in Windows 2000 was originally created by
Executive Software and Microsoft, but the defragger built into Windows
XP is strictly a Microsoft product.  Although the GUI has a few
similarities, Diskeeper Lite is considerably different -- you'd know
this if you'd actully run it.

Vaughn McMillan
Executive Software

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:55:19 -0600, "Justin Chandler"

>they are the exact same program.

>> Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
>> Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?

Built in Defrager

Post by QuarkBom » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:12:52

lol

Built in Defrager

Post by Justin Chandle » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:29:14

that's funny considering the code was licensed and purchased for use from
microsoft for use in their xp product.  the underlying code IS diskeeper,
mildly modified for use in windows xp.

> Justin -

> In short, you're wrong.

> They are completely different programs, maintained by completely
> different companies, in completely different parts of the country.
> The Disk Defragmenter in Windows 2000 was originally created by
> Executive Software and Microsoft, but the defragger built into Windows
> XP is strictly a Microsoft product.  Although the GUI has a few
> similarities, Diskeeper Lite is considerably different -- you'd know
> this if you'd actully run it.

> Vaughn McMillan
> Executive Software

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:55:19 -0600, "Justin Chandler"

> >they are the exact same program.

> >> Instaled Diskeeper Lite.
> >> Uninstalled xp diskeeper. How can I reinstal the xp one ?

Built in Defrager

Post by Justin Chandle » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:51:25

ah i forgot to mention that i have used diskeeper lite.  and i own a copy of
diskeeper pro.  diskeeper lite has nothing special in it which is not
already included in it's microsoft counterpart.