Why Won't any of the drivers that came with my computer work with XP

Why Won't any of the drivers that came with my computer work with XP

Post by Jon » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:43:12

Why Won't my C-MEdia 8738 chipset on my MS7112C board
work on XP... Without it i don't have any sound but the
system speaker... i've downloaded Xp compatible drivers
and it says the drivers are compatible in the catalog
list of drivers that work with XP

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK WINDOWS 98 works a lot better than
XP

Post by Andrew E » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:58:32

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Why Won't my C-MEdia 8738 chipset on my MS7112C board
>work on XP... Without it i don't have any sound but the
>system speaker... i've downloaded Xp compatible drivers
>and it says the drivers are compatible in the catalog
>list of drivers that work with XP

>SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY

>I'M BEGINNING TO THINK WINDOWS 98 works a lot better than
>XP
>.
> How are you trying to adjust the volume,keyboard?

 Go to start,accessories,entertainment,click the volume
 control.In control panel,sound icon,configure speaker
 type,and check the box,place icon in task bar,that will
 give you,line-in,speaker adj.,microphone,etc
 If youre computor works everywhere else,microsoft
 more than likely has already installed drivers,the audio
 codecs usually have no download for them.

Why Won't any of the drivers that came with my computer work with XP

Post by <finw.. » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:47:05

Try letting xp (after you download service pack 1) load
the correct driver for the c-media chip,usually XP has
the drivers you need.The reason 98 works better is you
have to the drivers. XP does it for you, nice!!
Todd
Quote:>-----Original Message-----