re-activate Windows Help

Post by Paul » Tue, 27 May 2003 18:04:57

When clicking on HELP AND SUPPORT from the start button, nothing happens.
Could anybody perhaps tell me how I can re-activate the WinXP help?
Thanks
Isk

re-activate Windows Help

Post by tauraria » Tue, 27 May 2003 20:02:13

Why doesn't Help and Support work?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When clicking on HELP AND SUPPORT from the start button,
nothing happens.
>Could anybody perhaps tell me how I can re-activate the
WinXP help?
>Thanks
>Isk

>.

1. Activate & re-activate & again.

Hi!

I'm new at this so please bear with me.

I bought my new pc with a copy of Windows XP in November
2001.  I activated XP within the first few days.  I've
been using my pc with no problem since then - until
yesterday, when I turned it on & got an error message
telling me that my o/s needed to be activated.  As I knew
my o/s had been activated, I chose 'No' when asked if I
wanted to activate it.  This brought me back to the same
error message so I chose 'Yes'.  I chose to activate it
online - unsuccessfully.  So I phoned.  After speaking to
a Microsoft representative, I was given a new
confirmation ID [the person I spoke to was unable to
offer any reason why this may have happened].

I continued to work, with no problem.

Concerned what may happen next time I turned on my pc, I
restarted it - only to have the exact same error message
again.  I went through the whole process again & received
another confirmation ID, this time via an automated
message.

Can anyone provide me with some idea as to what may have
caused this?

Thanks & cheers!

2. 0xc0000005

3. Need to re-activate after every boot. HELP!!

4. 164 memory size error?

5. Plz help : How do I "re-activate" Fonts folder ?

6. This sounds great, what I'd thought MCE could be.

7. Re-Activate Windows XP Home

8. Browser not functioning properly

9. How Do I re-Activate Windows Xp Home

10. Re-activate IE/windows pasword

11. Newbie Question: how to re-activate window??

12. How to re-activate the file save dialog box

13. re-activate