Explorer doesn't remember each Folder's settings

Explorer doesn't remember each Folder's settings

Post by Chuck Anderso » Fri, 16 May 2003 06:25:02

This has been nagging me for a long time.  Even though I click on
Remember each folder's settings in Explorer - Tools - Folder Options -
View - and then click on Apply to All Folders, Explorer still refuses
to remember individual folder setting and display icons.  I want
details - everywhere - except the Control Panel, where I prefer
Icons.  The control panel seems to never remember how I want it
viewed?

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks in Advance,

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO
 http://www.CycleTourist.com
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

Explorer doesn't remember each Folder's settings

Post by Kell » Fri, 16 May 2003 09:29:12

Hi Chuck,

Windows remembers 400 folder settings. When that number is reached some
settings aren't retained any longer. You can change this to 8000 by adding
this edit to the registry.

Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

To use the Regedit:  Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Quote:> This has been nagging me for a long time.  Even though I click on