MsTsc.Server "doesn't support this property or method"

MsTsc.Server "doesn't support this property or method"

Post by Ivan Gran » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:48:14

Hi, everybody.

Here is my situation:
I have a computer running WinXP Pro at home. I use Windows
2000 Pro at work. My WinXP has IIS installed (FTP, Web
Server plus Remote Desktop). I can access FTP and Web
Server successfully with the ports specified. (I do not
use 21 and 80.)

When I try to use the Remote Desktop from the Win2K (at
work) through the URL

http://server:port/tsweb

I can open the Welcome screen of Remote Desktop
Connection. However, when I try to enter the information
and click Connect, I get a 'broken image' icon (red cross
in a small rectangle) and the words 'You are logged in to'
on the screen instead of anything else. The status bar
shows an warning icon. Double-clicking it shows the script
error message

Line: 67
Char: 7
Object doesn't support this property or
method: 'MsTsc.Server'

When I try to do the same thing on my friend's computer
(Win2K Server), I can connect and use the Remote Desktop
successfully.

Here is my IE configuration on my work PC (Win2k Pro + IE
6):

Security Settings > ActiveX controls and plugins
Download signed ActiveX controls - Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls - Disable
Initialize and script ActiveX controls - Disable
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Enable
Script ActiveX controls marked safe - Enable

How should I enable myself to use the web-based Remote
Desktop Connection from my work PC?

MsTsc.Server "doesn't support this property or method"

Post by MV » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 12:01:27

You aren't able to load the ActiveX control...  You might have
security issues (due to network group policies) that are preventing
you from loading the control.  You probably should try to use the RD
Client Software.

Jeffrey Randow
WinXP Associate Expert & MVP
(Remote Networking & Security)
Visit the ExpertZone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

http://www.longhornconsulting.com/xpwiki

Please post all responses to the newsgroup.  Email sent may or may not
be answered.

Quote:>Hi, everybody.

>Here is my situation:
>I have a computer running WinXP Pro at home. I use Windows
>2000 Pro at work. My WinXP has IIS installed (FTP, Web
>Server plus Remote Desktop). I can access FTP and Web
>Server successfully with the ports specified. (I do not
>use 21 and 80.)

>When I try to use the Remote Desktop from the Win2K (at
>work) through the URL

>http://server:port/tsweb

>I can open the Welcome screen of Remote Desktop
>Connection. However, when I try to enter the information
>and click Connect, I get a 'broken image' icon (red cross
>in a small rectangle) and the words 'You are logged in to'
>on the screen instead of anything else. The status bar
>shows an warning icon. Double-clicking it shows the script
>error message

>Line: 67
>Char: 7
>Object doesn't support this property or
>method: 'MsTsc.Server'

>When I try to do the same thing on my friend's computer
>(Win2K Server), I can connect and use the Remote Desktop
>successfully.

>Here is my IE configuration on my work PC (Win2k Pro + IE
>6):

>Security Settings > ActiveX controls and plugins
>Download signed ActiveX controls - Prompt
>Download unsigned ActiveX controls - Disable
>Initialize and script ActiveX controls - Disable
>Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Enable
>Script ActiveX controls marked safe - Enable

>How should I enable myself to use the web-based Remote
>Desktop Connection from my work PC?

1. "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'"

Hi,
I have windows XP Pro, and I had IIS and tsweb working for remote desktop.
I used to have no problem connecting from my computer at work over the web
until I installed the critical fix yesterday with the cumulative IE6
patches, etc...  Now  I get this error message when I connect to tsweb
"Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'"
I can still connect locally using remote desktop connection, but not
remotely over the web.
All help appreciated!
Carlos

2. Windows Explorer: Right pane missing?

3. Disk Mirroring across the Network - possible?

4. USB 2.0 - WinXP - Via chipset - ...non-HI-SPEED port

5. object does not support property or method: "mstsc.server"

6. Robocopy.doc from resourcekit 2003

7. Object Doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'

8. Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'

9. "Object Doesn't Support This Property or Method"