remote access connection manager fails with access is denied

remote access connection manager fails with access is denied

Post by Cornel Hugh » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:52:49

i recently upgraded my xp home with sp1 to xp pro, however every time
my computer starts, the event log shows "remote access connection
manager fails with  access is denied"  When I try to access the
internet using my modem I can't, my ISP icon no longer exist. When I
try to create one, I can't because I am not offeed the option to
create a connection using my modem

I can query the modem in diagnostic. I have also ensured that system
has full control on my temp directory.

Can anyone point out what I can do to fix this and I did install sp1
but that was done when i was using xp home

1. Remote Access Connection Manager - access denied

I've got a LAN connection to the internet, and I've got a 56k modem
installed and configured that I'd like to use as a backup connection for
those times when I lose the cable connection.

I'm using XP Pro, logged in with Adminstrative privledges.

When I try to add a connection in the Internet Options/Connections window, I
get an error 711 message - which tells me I need to make sure the Plug &
Play, and Remote Access Connetion Manager services are running.

In the Services window, Plug & Play is started automatically, but the RACM
will not start.  When I attempt to start it I get Error 5, access denied.

Does anyone know how to get access to the RACM?

Thanks,
-Chip

2. SUS-error: Library download error and timed out

3. access denied to start Remote Access connection Manager

4. WMP 9 showing only fraction of frames - Resolved

5. Remote access connection manager fails to start .

6. Q: accelerator key for button on dlg

7. User Manager NT 4.0 (The Remote Procedure Call Failed) when trying to access User Manager

8. another link problem

9. access denied remote access to Windows XP pro

10. Remote-Access a Clients Registry, access denied problem

11. remote access to xp pro via isdn - access denied

12. Remote access authentication NT3.51 > Win95: 'access denied'

13. Really strange profile problem (access denied! access denied!)