whered my floppy go?

Post by keit » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:07:56

I just installed my floppy drive and it says its working
properly, but I cant find it anywhere on my computer to
access my floppy drive. any ideas anyone?

whered my floppy go?

Post by smok » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:59:23

you might have to assign it a drive letter. go to the
control panel->administrative tools->computer management-
Quote:>storage->disk management and see if the drive shows

there. if it does right mouse click it and see what you
can do.

whered my floppy go?

Post by Yves Lecler » Sun, 07 Sep 2003 04:13:01

Disk Manager will not help.

Make sure that the computer's BIOS has the floppy drive enable.  Windows XP
can start-up correctly without a working floppy drive and will not
automatically install one.  We can add a floppy drive manually but the
floppy drive will disappear if the BIOS has it turned off.

Y.

Quote:> you might have to assign it a drive letter. go to the
> control panel->administrative tools->computer management-
> >storage->disk management and see if the drive shows
> there. if it does right mouse click it and see what you
> can do.

1. whered my drive go?

i upgraded to win xp today, and i tried reinstalling aol
7.0 but it didnt work, as i was exiting the setup i found
that my d drive had dissapeared. since i was jusdt
installing stuff to it 5 minutes beforehand, i was
surprised. all the programs on it were not working
anymore. i tried reinstalling drivers but to no avail.
what happened to my d drive?

(i have two drives, c and d)

2. Are hardware companies holding back XP drivers till launch day ?

3. Floppy death-3.5 floppy drive changed to 5.25 floppy

4. reinstall

5. Ms Blackbird - Wher do I get info about it?

6. WinXP Pro and CD Burning

7. FS: Director 5.0...going...going...almost gone...

8. Removing help from start menu??????

9. Hard disk keeps going and going and going!

10. Wher is the autocomplete register

11. Why does the flash light keep going and going and going ...?

12. Shell32 corrupted , XP theme Gone Gone Gone

13. Windows xp home......................Where is my activation key.....10 days left