Cannot open Help and Support (helpctr.exe) after SP1

Cannot open Help and Support (helpctr.exe) after SP1

Post by Jerr » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 04:37:55



After i updated the SP1 i cannot open Help and Support
when i click on the link in my Start menu. I also typed
it in the Run Command and it did nothing. I have Windows
XP Home and the only help files i see in the Knowledge
Database are for Windows ME. Could someone please help me
with this issue.

Thank you
Jerry

 
 
 

Cannot open Help and Support (helpctr.exe) after SP1

Post by Kell » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:09:17


Hi Jerry,

Repairs Windows? XP Help and Support
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm


Quote:> After i updated the SP1 i cannot open Help and Support
> when i click on the link in my Start menu. I also typed
> it in the Run Command and it did nothing. I have Windows
> XP Home and the only help files i see in the Knowledge
> Database are for Windows ME. Could someone please help me
> with this issue.

> Thank you
> Jerry


 
 
 

Cannot open Help and Support (helpctr.exe) after SP1

Post by Chris Chil » Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:05:21


Hey if i were you i would not download any vbscripts from this kelly person.
I am an xp tech and this is a know issue.
easy fix
The problem is resolved by importing the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\HELPCTR.EXE]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{FC7D9E00-3F9E-11D3-93C0-00C04F72DAF7}\1.0\0\win32]

-Chris.


> Hi Jerry,

> Repairs Windows? XP Help and Support
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm

> --
> All the Best,
> Kelly

> MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm



> > After i updated the SP1 i cannot open Help and Support
> > when i click on the link in my Start menu. I also typed
> > it in the Run Command and it did nothing. I have Windows
> > XP Home and the only help files i see in the Knowledge
> > Database are for Windows ME. Could someone please help me
> > with this issue.

> > Thank you
> > Jerry

 
 
 

Cannot open Help and Support (helpctr.exe) after SP1

Post by Kell » Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:54:24


XP Tech,

What makes you and your edit so special, Chris?  "Importing" those keys,
won't do it at all.  That said, yours is only a diversion of my post, in
which case the one I posted is automated and does work.  BTW, your tense
checker isn't working.

Kelly Person

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm


> Hey if i were you i would not download any vbscripts from this kelly
person.
> I am an xp tech and this is a know issue.
> easy fix
> The problem is resolved by importing the following registry keys:

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
> Paths\HELPCTR.EXE]



[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{FC7D9E00-3F9E-11D3-93C0-00C04F72DAF7}\1.0\0\win3
2]


> -Chris.




- Show quoted text -

> > Hi Jerry,

> > Repairs Windows? XP Help and Support
> > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm

> > --
> > All the Best,
> > Kelly

> > MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm



> > > After i updated the SP1 i cannot open Help and Support
> > > when i click on the link in my Start menu. I also typed
> > > it in the Run Command and it did nothing. I have Windows
> > > XP Home and the only help files i see in the Knowledge
> > > Database are for Windows ME. Could someone please help me
> > > with this issue.

> > > Thank you
> > > Jerry

 
 
 

1. cannot find helpctr.exe

Windows cannot find helpctr.exe when the "Help and
Support" item on start menu is clicked.  Error window
appears says cannot find helpctr.exe.  The file actually
exists in the directory under PCHEALTH.

2. Recycle bin icons in Windows Explorer

3. Windows cannot find "helpctr.exe"

4. Address Bar Icon

5. rundll32.exe, helpctr.exe

6. Urgent Need Help!!

7. How to restore lost Content IE.5 folders and helpctr.exe file

8. Doesn't display pictures

9. helpctr.exe

10. Norton alert message - malicious script detected helpctr.exe

11. Sytem can't find helpctr.exe

12. helpctr.exe