how to extract winsock.dll and winsock32.dll files

how to extract winsock.dll and winsock32.dll files

Post by anil kumar sing » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 06:28:26

hi!
i wanted to know in windwows xp home ,how to extract a
file.i tried to extract winscok.dll but i could not extract
it.i followed this MSCONFIG->EXTRACT A FILE->WINSOCK.DLL
->Restore From....C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS-> Save File
In.......C:\WINDOWS .after that it gave error no cab files
found.

pleaqse send the detail information

how to extract winsock.dll and winsock32.dll files

Post by Patrick Keena » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 06:50:39

Quote:> hi!
> i wanted to know in windwows xp home ,how to extract a
> file.i tried to extract winscok.dll but i could not extract
> it.i followed this MSCONFIG->EXTRACT A FILE->WINSOCK.DLL
> ->Restore From....C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS-> Save File
> In.......C:\WINDOWS .after that it gave error no cab files
> found.

> pleaqse send the detail information

The XP install files aren't in .cab files.   Look for an \i386 folder, you
may have to look on your XP CD to find it.   It's named winsock.dl_ .

You might also look in <drive>\<windows directory>\system32\dllcache  for
the file.

HTH
-pk

how to extract winsock.dll and winsock32.dll files

Post by Chris McBrid » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:20:08

look for the program "expand" too.  I remember using it to
trick WinXP Home into believing it was WinXP Pro (and
allow installation of IIS).

use expand on the "filename.ex_" compressed file.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----