BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-boot.

BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-boot.

Post by Jim » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:24:07

My mother gets this message on her 2 month old
computer.  "BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-
boot".  Pressing a key does no good.  What should I have
her do?

Thanks!

BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-boot.

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:52:24

Check to see if there is a floppy disk in the floppy drive.  If so, remove
it.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Quote:> My mother gets this message on her 2 month old