XP Pro Taskbar Hover Descriptions Get Stuck Behind Taskbar and Unreadable?

XP Pro Taskbar Hover Descriptions Get Stuck Behind Taskbar and Unreadable?

Post by Susa » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 17:51:26

I swear it's true...sometimes for some unexplained (so far) reason I will
highlight/hover over Quick Launch and System Tray icons and the description
comes up BEHIND the Taskbar and is thus unreadable.  Rebooting (which doesn't
take long) fixes the problem until next time.  Any ideas on what is causing this
and/or how to cure it?  I like to use the Autohide Taskbar feature but even
turning it off and back on doesn't seem to fix this problem.  I mention it
incase it is the source of the trouble and this is a documented problem.  The
system is all a clean install too and up to date with all Windows Update XP and
IE updates.

Thanks.

*Susan*

XP Pro Taskbar Hover Descriptions Get Stuck Behind Taskbar and Unreadable?

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 00:38:21

It's caused by a bug in the Theme. When you run a 'full screen' app, it happens till restart.
No fix.

--
Mark L. Ferguson   TabletPC MVP

All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP  >  http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
.

> I swear it's true...sometimes for some unexplained (so far) reason I will
> highlight/hover over Quick Launch and System Tray icons and the description
> comes up BEHIND the Taskbar and is thus unreadable.  Rebooting (which doesn't
> take long) fixes the problem until next time.  Any ideas on what is causing this
> and/or how to cure it?  I like to use the Autohide Taskbar feature but even
> turning it off and back on doesn't seem to fix this problem.  I mention it
> incase it is the source of the trouble and this is a documented problem.  The
> system is all a clean install too and up to date with all Windows Update XP and
> IE updates.

> Thanks.

> *Susan*

1. taskbar windows hidden behind taskbar

Hello,

    I know I have seen this posting before, but can't seem to find it or any
related postings. No matter what machine I use, all my machines with XP Pro
SP1 with all updates occasionally have taskbar hover dialog messages hidden
behind the taskbar. e.g. hovering the cursor over the time in the system
tray displays the date in a dialog box hidden behind the taskbar such that
it can only be partially seen.

Any fixes for this?

Dave

2. Shut down or stand-by

3. Date popup from taskbar clock behind taskbar

4. SIMCITY3000

5. SpigotVDIG is out!

6. Taskbar tooltips behind taskbar....argh!

7. DVD Burner

8. Taskbar buttons hide behind taskbar

9. Taskbar gets stuck

10. XP taskbar icon descriptions wrong

11. XP balloon help appears BEHIND taskbar

12. Mouse hovering on taskbar behavior