Error Logged In System Event Log

Post by Paul » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:03:47

At every start/restart of my computer I have noticed the
following error listed in the system event log:
"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed
to load:  i8042prt."
I have found this file listed in 4 locations....it seems
to be a port driver of some description.
How can I trouble shoot this and find out what is causing
it not to load.
Thanks,
Paul

1. Error 1501: no event log file could be opened, so the event logging could not start

I have a Windows NT 4.0 machine that gives me the usual warning that a
service failed at startup and to check the event log.

But when I check the event log it says that the event log service has
not started.

So I goto services and start the event log and the clock goes round and
round then I get:

"No even log file could be opened, so the event logging service did  not
start"

I checked the knowledge base and all I can find is a list of errors...no
resolutions.

Any info appreciated as usual,

        -James

2. can I make Notepad default to .all

3. Event error log - event id 11 The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk5\D

4. What is "attempted to use a null data pointer variable" "uninitialized function pointer variable" Please

5. Event log for source: Event System

6. XP & Batch Files & Java

7. Event and System log event #s?

8. ODBC problem on NT 3.51 with IIS.

9. Telnet error in System Event Log

10. System Event Log: IIS Virtual root /Printers Error

11. ACPI ERROR IN EVENT SYSTEM LOG

12. Application Popup errors in System Event Log

13. Error in system events Log. not understood.