Network Cable Unplugged with coax-cables

Network Cable Unplugged with coax-cables

Post by » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 19:48:40

Hi,

I have a network card that uses coax-cables to form my home network.
But I also has an RJ-45 connector at the back and now winXP thinks my
network cable is unplugged because it doesn't seem to use my coax-connector
When I was using a beta of XP, i had found a workaround somewhere on the
internet.
I tried that and it worked. All that you had to do was to replace an XP file
with a win2000
file and it worked perfectly. But i forgot which file it was and know i'm
stuck....

any thoughts?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q299/6/94.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0&qry=coaxial&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WINXP

Network Cable Unplugged with coax-cables

Post by Bill Sanderso » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:35:03

I'd try to find a Windows2000 driver for your card, or possibly work out how
to extract it from a Windows2000 CD.

There's a KB article on disabling Media Sense for IP on XP, but I think that
won't help you--your driver probably still isn't seeing the other connector.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a network card that uses coax-cables to form my home network.
> But I also has an RJ-45 connector at the back and now winXP thinks my
> network cable is unplugged because it doesn't seem to use my
coax-connector
> When I was using a beta of XP, i had found a workaround somewhere on the
> internet.
> I tried that and it worked. All that you had to do was to replace an XP
file
> with a win2000
> file and it worked perfectly. But i forgot which file it was and know i'm
> stuck....

> any thoughts?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q299/6/94.ASP?LN=EN-...

Quote:> n&FR=0&qry=coaxial&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WINXP

1. Local Network- Network cable unplugged?

I have a basic home network set up with a host computer
connected to the internet using a cable modem, and it has
a wireless adapter, it is connected to the client
computer downstairs which also has a wireless adapter.
The whole system appears to be go, but when i attempt to
connect on the client computer, the local area connect,
says that the network cable is unplugged.  HOw do i fix
it, and where is the network cable?

2. Starlancer

3. Networking - Network Cable unplugged

4. ie keeps stealing focus

5. Network Adapter gives message: A network cable is unplugged

6. Threads in online forms appear as blank

7. Network cable unplugged Status message on the "Network and Dial-up" folder

8. Terayon TJ715 and XP Local Area Connections

9. Connecting 10Base2 (coax) network to 10BaseT Cable Modem- IS IT POSSIBLE?

10. network cable unplugged

11. Network Cable Unplugged

12. network cable is unplugged

13. network cable unplugged