Windows XP thinks digital cam is Removeable Drive, does not launch cam wizard

Windows XP thinks digital cam is Removeable Drive, does not launch cam wizard

Post by CamGu » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:48:21

Hello,

I have a FinePix 6702 which when I connected it by USB
used to launch cam wizard automatically when I connected
it to the computer.

Now instead it just opens a Removeable Disk file
directory.

I have tried deleting the USB drivers and uninstalling
the FinePix software to "reset" the auto-cam wizard.

Unfortunately it still just sees the camera as a drive.

I would like to have the computer recognize the digital
cam as a digital cam and launch cam wizard.

Please Help- Thanks- CamGuy in Tampa

Windows XP thinks digital cam is Removeable Drive, does not launch cam wizard

Post by dgloc » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:38:10

have you just recently installed xp? if so you may need
to get new drivers for your camera. i also have a finepix
camera and the software that came with the camera won't
work with xp.
don
Quote:>-----Original Message-----