Newly installed font doesn't render properly

Newly installed font doesn't render properly

Post by Derek Southgat » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:04:47

Windows XP has successfully picked up my Brother HL1270N and HP 1150C
printers correctly and they function very well with the standard fonts.

However, I installed an old true type font (Artistik), which renders
correctly on print preview in Word, but will not print on either of my
printers, irrespective of settings. The result is a poorly positioned
sans-serif font at about the correct size.

It does work as expected on another machine with Win 2000, so something must
have changed with XP.

Are there known issues with this?

1. newly installed certificate doesn't remain in root cert store.

The root certificate of the PKI vendor that issued my
personal digital certificate was installed and has been
working correctly in the root certificate store of IE for
well over a year.  Starting a week or so ago the
certificate disappeared.  Now, when I download and
reinstall the cert, it only available until I shut down my
PC.  Each time I reboot I have to reinstall the root
certificate if I will be using my personal digital
certificate.  Any input on the cause of this problem or
how resolve it would help.

2. media player plays audio at faster rate

3. Windows ME doesn't recognize newly installed CD-RW

4. I can`t Hibernate

5. highlight newly installed programs option not working properly

6. Can't browse

7. CDROM doesn't recognize newly inserted CD's, floppy not working

8. Freeze due to Q317277 hotfix - incl. in XP SP1?

9. XP doesn't install "new" CDRW drives properly

10. XP doesn't install properly

11. External CD-ROM doesn't install progs properly

12. Can't install second OS on newly installed hard disk

13. INSTALLING A FONT - Windows ME won't let me install a font I need