XP/Pro Outlook Express - multi-users

Post by Sharo » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:22:23

Hi gang!  I'm totally new at this newsgroup thing but have not been
successful in my online reading or sending e-mails to MS with this question,
so I'm turning to you folks for help.

 Our question is with the XP Outlook Express mail set-up using multiple
users / identies.  When you have user "A" (Main identity) with one e-mail

e-mail address, how do you direct user A's mail to ONLY go to user A's side
(and vice versa)?  What is happening is that ALL our mail goes to whatever
side is open first with receiving mail pending.  Example; I have myself
set-up to receive 4 daily e-mails and have set up a specific mail folder
using a mail rule under my screen.  Then along comes user "B" the next day
and opens mail.  User "B" gets my 4 daily e-mails.  Another example;  is if
I send a friend an e-mail the reply will often go the user "B's" side if he
opens Outlook Express first. We have only had XP about 2 months and I
thought the "XP" concept of this feature was great at first, but in our
case, it has us totally confused and frustrated with constantly swaping back
& forth to check our mail from both sides.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Sharon

XP/Pro Outlook Express - multi-users

Post by Ronnie Vernon MV » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:25:30

Sharon

Did you set the separate email accounts up while logged on with the separate identities? If so, the account should only be accessible for that user.

This will only work if the email accounts are separate accounts. If they are simply 2 different alias names on the same account, then either identity will download all the email since they exist on the same server under one account.

If this is not the case here, then log on with identity "B" and open Tools/Accounts/<"A" email account>/Properties. Select the General tab and remove the check mark from the "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" option.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP MPS-D

http://www.dts-l.org/

Associate expert

> Hi gang!  I'm totally new at this newsgroup thing but have not been
> successful in my online reading or sending e-mails to MS with this question,
> so I'm turning to you folks for help.

>  Our question is with the XP Outlook Express mail set-up using multiple
> users / identies.  When you have user "A" (Main identity) with one e-mail

> e-mail address, how do you direct user A's mail to ONLY go to user A's side
> (and vice versa)?  What is happening is that ALL our mail goes to whatever
> side is open first with receiving mail pending.  Example; I have myself
> set-up to receive 4 daily e-mails and have set up a specific mail folder
> using a mail rule under my screen.  Then along comes user "B" the next day
> and opens mail.  User "B" gets my 4 daily e-mails.  Another example;  is if
> I send a friend an e-mail the reply will often go the user "B's" side if he
> opens Outlook Express first. We have only had XP about 2 months and I
> thought the "XP" concept of this feature was great at first, but in our
> case, it has us totally confused and frustrated with constantly swaping back
> & forth to check our mail from both sides.

> Thanks for letting me vent!
> Sharon

XP/Pro Outlook Express - multi-users

Post by Jay Blessin » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:19:06

Have OE Deliver Mail to Each Identity
OE will deliver mail to all if you installed Outlook Express before you created your User Profiles. You can fix it manually pretty easily though. First create a store folder for each User Profile. Then logon as each User, open OE, click Tools>>Options>>Maintenance>>Store folder>>Change and Browse to the folder you created for that user. Close OE and re-open it and all the files will be moved automatically. Then logoff, logon as the next User Profile and repeat.

| Hi gang!  I'm totally new at this newsgroup thing but have not been
| successful in my online reading or sending e-mails to MS with this question,
| so I'm turning to you folks for help.
|
|  Our question is with the XP Outlook Express mail set-up using multiple
| users / identies.  When you have user "A" (Main identity) with one e-mail

| e-mail address, how do you direct user A's mail to ONLY go to user A's side
| (and vice versa)?  What is happening is that ALL our mail goes to whatever
| side is open first with receiving mail pending.  Example; I have myself
| set-up to receive 4 daily e-mails and have set up a specific mail folder
| using a mail rule under my screen.  Then along comes user "B" the next day
| and opens mail.  User "B" gets my 4 daily e-mails.  Another example;  is if
| I send a friend an e-mail the reply will often go the user "B's" side if he
| opens Outlook Express first. We have only had XP about 2 months and I
| thought the "XP" concept of this feature was great at first, but in our
| case, it has us totally confused and frustrated with constantly swaping back
| & forth to check our mail from both sides.
|
| Thanks for letting me vent!
| Sharon

1. XP Pro - Multi-Users - Multi Installs

I have XP pro installed, and have three children I have set up with "limited
access" security. I want to install games etc under my account (they
cannot), and give them selected access to these.

Is there a simple process to do this ?. A few I have set up dont work, which
I assume is due to security issues ?

DA

2. Remote conection won't draw fully

3. outlook express and multi xp users

4. Tablet Powertoys - Music problems

5. multi-user question about Outlook Express 6 in XP Home

6. streaming .asf file

7. Outlook 2000, XP & Multi-users.???

8. thumbs up....

9. Outlook Express - multi user

10. Outlook Express Multi-User - Help!

11. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

12. migrating outlook express messages from win 2K pro to win xp pro

13. Upgrading: WinME/Outlook Express to Win XP Pro/Outlook