Windows and Button style

Post by Erik Lyndai » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:50:26

My XP system (PIII 500mz 768MB RAM) attempts to change the Windows and
Button style to Classic by itself, even if it is using the classic style.

I get the "please wait" dialogue box after a little high pitched 'squeak and
the screen colour fades (as when you switch off). If the style is XP, it
changes to Classic. If it has already changed to Classic there is no change.

This has to get someone thinking.....

Erik Lyndain

Windows and Button style

Post by Kell » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:31:37

Hi Erik,

Check your settings here:  Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer.

Value Name: NoSimpleStartMenu, Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value), Value
Data: (1 = force classic menu, 0 = default).

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called
'NoSimpleStartMenu' and edit the value according to the settings below.

Exit your registry, you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the
change to take effect.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP DTS
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> My XP system (PIII 500mz 768MB RAM) attempts to change the Windows and