Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Post by JERRY BOHLE » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:10:40

I have no fax machine. Will XP's fax program allow me to receive a fax via
my regular phone and modem, and can I thereafter both view it, and, print it
with a generic printer. Thanks for any help

Jerry

Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:59:00

Yes, providing you have an analog fax modem that it supports.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:> I have no fax machine. Will XP's fax program allow me to receive a fax via
> my regular phone and modem, and can I thereafter both view it, and, print
it
> with a generic printer. Thanks for any help

> Jerry

Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Post by JERRY BOHLE » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:48:45

Russ ... Sorry, but I don't quite understand your response. Being a novice
in this field doesn't help.  My modem is working under XP now as I send this
post. So it is obviously supported by XP. Is the issue, whether or not the
modem is an "analog" fax modem? If so, how does one know? I am here for help
so as to be able to receive an occasional fax. Can you provide any
additional direction, please.
Thank you

Jerry

> Yes, providing you have an analog fax modem that it supports.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

> > I have no fax machine. Will XP's fax program allow me to receive a fax
via
> > my regular phone and modem, and can I thereafter both view it, and,
print
> it
> > with a generic printer. Thanks for any help

> > Jerry

Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Post by JERRY BOHLE » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 04:46:15

Russ:
Figured it out. Thanks anyway

Jerry

> Yes, providing you have an analog fax modem that it supports.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

> > I have no fax machine. Will XP's fax program allow me to receive a fax
via
> > my regular phone and modem, and can I thereafter both view it, and,
print
> it
> > with a generic printer. Thanks for any help

> > Jerry

Receive Fax via PC Modem Without Fax Machine??????

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:04:57

Your modem manufacturer will include in its specifications whether it
supports fax protocols. To see if it will work with the native Windows XP
Fax service, check the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]