CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by Blut » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:53:28

what does this mean and what can i do about it?
(new reformat/reload/machine)

what does this mean and what can i do about it?
(fresh reformat/reload/new machine only ms stuff loaded)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by Blut » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:58:01

blarney,

thanks so much for your indepth solution.

can someone with a functioning mind help?

here's the message:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by Desert Mous » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:42:29

My first thought would be that you have a driver problem, maybe with the video.  It is a bit difficult to figure out without info regarding your system configuration.  I would suggest verifying that all drivers are up to date, bios is good, etc.

Not sure about the comments prior to the "the computer has rebooted..." message

what does this mean and what can i do about it?
(new reformat/reload/machine)

what does this mean and what can i do about it?
(fresh reformat/reload/new machine only ms stuff loaded)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by StL Blues Fan » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:44:42

Quote:> blarney,

> thanks so much for your indepth solution.

> can someone with a functioning mind help?

> here's the message:

> The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
> (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

Why did you use the subject line Code Red?  Are you inplying the Code Red
worm is involved, or just some urgency?

CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by Mike Ferr » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:13:25

> what does this mean and what can i do about it?
> (new reformat/reload/machine)

> what does this mean and what can i do about it?
> (fresh reformat/reload/new machine only ms stuff loaded)

> The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
> (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

I have the same problem. After running a search on Google, it seems
that the problem is caused by BlackICE Defender. Even the 2.9cap
version has NOT resolved all XP incompatibilities.

I suggest you remove BlackICE, or (this worked with me) do NOT run any
multimedia programs (that is, do not run sound or video files, 3D
modeling software, DirectX diagnostics, java programs (that includes
those annoying "Shock the Monkey" ads displayed in webpages), or any
program that enables you to view/modify your display configuration);
until NetworkICE resolves the problem.

Although there are many programs that could cause BlackICE to have a
problem with Windows XP, it seems as though Windows Media Player is
one of the biggest culprits as it loads some server files with it as
it runs (such as mskssrv.sys and srv.sys), which BlackICE is not
terribly fond of.

Having said that, BlackICE does not *necessarily* cause your computer
to crash when you run those types of files or programs; however, I
have noted that everytime my computer has crashed while running
BlackICE Defender, I was doing one of the aformentioned things.

Thank you for your post.

CODE RED = HELP = CODE RED

Post by David Elliot » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:57:34

Okay what you guys should get REAL SOON, is that Black Ice is about the
worst security software out there, burn your copy (literally), and go get
Zone Alarm...

L8r

Quote:> > what does this mean and what can i do about it?
> > (new reformat/reload/machine)

> > what does this mean and what can i do about it?
> > (fresh reformat/reload/new machine only ms stuff loaded)

> > The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
> > (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
> > C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

> I have the same problem. After running a search on Google, it seems
> that the problem is caused by BlackICE Defender. Even the 2.9cap
> version has NOT resolved all XP incompatibilities.

> I suggest you remove BlackICE, or (this worked with me) do NOT run any
> multimedia programs (that is, do not run sound or video files, 3D
> modeling software, DirectX diagnostics, java programs (that includes
> those annoying "Shock the Monkey" ads displayed in webpages), or any
> program that enables you to view/modify your display configuration);
> until NetworkICE resolves the problem.

> Although there are many programs that could cause BlackICE to have a
> problem with Windows XP, it seems as though Windows Media Player is
> one of the biggest culprits as it loads some server files with it as
> it runs (such as mskssrv.sys and srv.sys), which BlackICE is not
> terribly fond of.

> Having said that, BlackICE does not *necessarily* cause your computer
> to crash when you run those types of files or programs; however, I
> have noted that everytime my computer has crashed while running
> BlackICE Defender, I was doing one of the aformentioned things.

> Thank you for your post.

1. RED X, red x, RED X ...red flaming X :-(

I seen plenty of emails about this, but NEVER an actual fix. You know the
problem.... "Red X" placeholders instead of various pictures, gifs, etc when
a page is loaded and reloaded and reloaded then magically they appear
(maybe, sometimes, occasionally :-) )

Well folks, what's the answer???? Please don't say change the "Encoding"
setting...it DOESN'T work.

Well folks, what's the answer???? Please don't direct me to some webpage
which suggests fiddling with the registry.

Has anyone seem the magic answer....apart from going back to 5.5?

Seriously though... any help appreciated. Although I am amazed MS haven't
owned and sorted the problems themselves !!!

2. WTD: DOS-to-Windows reprogrammer

3. Help with the patch for Code red worm 2

4. any way to get separate audio and video files into WM8 ?

5. Please help - Code Red Cleaner Tool

6. Replace notepad

7. Code Red 2 detected on my XP

8. All folders open in new window

9. Code Red

10. CODE RED WORM patch

11. MDG Releases Free WS4D To Eliminate Code Red

12. WIN98se + Apache 1.3.20 > CODE RED effects ?

13. ISPs - method to block code red traffic