Can't install "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?

Can't install "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?

Post by E.St- » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:17:01

Flight Simulator 2002 setup  encoutered a  disk error whilr writing to
the files c:\Program FilesGames\FS2002\sound\lessons\intro21.wav. make sure
your hard disk is not full. , and the files
is not in use .. with over more then 50 gb free space  even try to install
on new Folder c:\ Flight Simulator 2002\   still got same error.?
what wrong .?..:(

Can't install "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?

Post by Kellen S » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:51:35

HI E.St-P,

I suggest you try the following method:

Log on to the machine with the account in Administrator group
Disable any antivirus programs
In Windows Explorer, right-click C: and click Properties
Click the Quota tab and uncheck "Enable quota management"
Click OK to confirm the change

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kellen Sun

Online Support Professional
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

--------------------

| Subject: Can't install   "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?
| Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:17:01 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| Flight Simulator 2002 setup  encoutered a  disk error whilr writing to
| the files c:\Program FilesGames\FS2002\sound\lessons\intro21.wav. make
sure
| your hard disk is not full. , and the files
| is not in use .. with over more then 50 gb free space  even try to install
| on new Folder c:\ Flight Simulator 2002\   still got same error.?
| what wrong .?..:(

Can't install "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?

Post by E.St- » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 04:41:28

They is't no check mark on Quota ..   just a bad cd i need to return

> HI E.St-P,

> I suggest you try the following method:

> Log on to the machine with the account in Administrator group
> Disable any antivirus programs
> In Windows Explorer, right-click C: and click Properties
> Click the Quota tab and uncheck "Enable quota management"
> Click OK to confirm the change

> I hope this helps.

> Regards,

> Kellen Sun

> Online Support Professional
> Microsoft Corporation

> This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: Can't install   "error" disk full with 55 gb free space .?
> | Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:17:01 -0800
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
> |
> | Flight Simulator 2002 setup  encoutered a  disk error whilr writing to
> | the files c:\Program FilesGames\FS2002\sound\lessons\intro21.wav. make
> sure
> | your hard disk is not full. , and the files
> | is not in use .. with over more then 50 gb free space  even try to
install
> | on new Folder c:\ Flight Simulator 2002\   still got same error.?
> | what wrong .?..:(

1. CD "free space" and "used space"

I have a Windows XP Home Edition machine with a Samsung CD-RW/DVD combo
drive.  When I write files to a CD, the "free space" and used space" fields
in the CD Drive Properties are completely inaccurate.

The "free space" and "used space" fields always add up correctly to the
"capacity" but the "capacity" seems to vary depending on the last file I
wrote.  Sometimes it's 80MB and sometimes it's 400MB.

Has anyone experienced this?

2. my canon printer model bjc-2000 stopped printing.

3. "-4Related File" error upon 55% of setup.exe

4. Jani Ekonoja

5. Used Disk Space Reading 12 GB over "actual" used

6. Help with .rar, .wmv (etc) files in outlook express Newsgroups

7. 4 GB less space after "new" install

8. Any way to make numeric keyboard to input to the calculator?

9. "To Free Up Disk Space OE Can Compact...."

10. Manually compact folders but still get "To free up disc space.." message on closing

11. can not copy "There is not enough free disk space."

12. How do I clean "free" disk space in XP?

13. Disabling "SytemRestore", does not free disk space.