win xp wont boot properly

Post by rob wilso » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:18:05

i have a computer that had win me on it and screwed up
terribly so i formatted the HDD, installed win xp prof.
on a clean HDD but once it's done setting windows up,
when the computer goes to restart and load windows i get
the message saying "sorry for the inconvenience but
windows did not start properly....." and i get the choice
to start in safe mode, start normally, or revert to the
last working setting..... well i couldn't make it stop so
i reformatted, and started all over, thinking that surely
some hardware issue would have been resolved, but no it
still doesn't work..... i desperately need help, i'm
totally stumped.... thank you so much!!!
rob w.

win xp wont boot properly

Post by dbcurri » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:31:05

Sounds like some incompatible hardware. Did you run the wizard before you
started? Or it could be defective hardware. First suspect would be ram.

Quote:> i have a computer that had win me on it and screwed up
> terribly so i formatted the HDD, installed win xp prof.
> on a clean HDD but once it's done setting windows up,
> when the computer goes to restart and load windows i get
> the message saying "sorry for the inconvenience but
> windows did not start properly....." and i get the choice
> to start in safe mode, start normally, or revert to the
> last working setting..... well i couldn't make it stop so
> i reformatted, and started all over, thinking that surely
> some hardware issue would have been resolved, but no it
> still doesn't work..... i desperately need help, i'm
> totally stumped.... thank you so much!!!
> rob w.

1. Win XP doesn't boot properly from time to time?

Every once and a while, just after the Windows XP Professional screen
appears during a boot, the computer will stop loading and freeze at a blank
black screen, both my monitors turn off to a power saving state and nothing
more happens. When I restart, the scan harddrive take over, checks the
drives, finds nothing, then starts, usually it will start normally. Then
after a few more restarts, it may do it again, so it only happens every once
and a while,What the heck does that mean.

I only have Win XP Pro installed, P3 866,384 RAM,ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Graphics card, all my drivers are up to date, bios is up to date.What to do?

Cleave

2. Automated program installation with batch file

3. Formatted my C: drive...Trying to install win xp, but it wont boot off the CD.

4. need help

5. Win XP wont boot!

6. Delete my recent documents list

7. Win XP wont boot-up in my system.

8. Tab Control in VB ?

9. pro Windows xp wont want to boot unmountable boot volume

10. Win XP won't startup properly???

11. XP with SP1 wont shutdown properly

12. tech: windows xp pro wont recognise my DVD rom properly

13. Installed Zone Alarm - now Win XP won't start properly