can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Everyboysmomm » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:47:07

My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
files.
Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks
Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Everyboysmomm » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:50:15

Correction...it is Nimda32
sorry

Quote:> My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
> live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
> never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> files.
> Can anyone shed some light?
> Thanks
> Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Richard Urba » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:57:06

That is because your virus protection is doing it's job and blocking it>
Don't complain!

Quote:> My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
> live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
> never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> files.
> Can anyone shed some light?
> Thanks
> Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Nigel Kitche » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:56:47

have a look on the McAfee web site its by far one of the best sites for
finding virus descriptions.

FYI Nimda uses IIS as well as SMTP to propogate, and also remember that you
dont always see the viruses emails as they use the MAPI etc which not
Outlook (which is only a front end to the mail subsystem)

> Correction...it is Nimda32
> sorry

> > My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> > access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that
has
> > live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but
> > never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> > files.
> > Can anyone shed some light?
> > Thanks
> > Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Kayod » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:10:20

Security Response From Symantec:

--
Kayode
My Windows Resource Page:

> My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
> live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
> never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> files.
> Can anyone shed some light?
> Thanks
> Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by kurt » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:31:57

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/Fixnimda.com

Run it to check for any remnants of Nimda, and removes it.

Nimda second most popular computer infection of 2001, next to Code Red.  If
you know who sending you Nimda-infested Email, you should let them know,
cause it's sending and deleting their files with out their knowledge.

Peace!
Kurt

Quote:> My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
> live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
> never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> files.
> Can anyone shed some light?
> Thanks
> Patt

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Tom Della-Latt » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 05:23:39

Get rid of Norton and get AVG it can fix this virus.

Tom

Quote:> My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that has
> live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but I
> never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> files.
> Can anyone shed some light?
> Thanks
> Patt

---

can someone tell me what Nimbda32 is?

Post by Userfriendl » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:11:32

You are absolutely correct Tom.

--
Userfriendly

> Get rid of Norton and get AVG it can fix this virus.

> Tom

> > My virus software keeps picking this up, says it can't fix it, and that
> > access to it has been denied.  I am running Norton Antivirus 2002 that
has
> > live update running all the time.  It seems to be coming in on email but
> > never have received the email with the names of the supposedly infected
> > files.
> > Can anyone shed some light?
> > Thanks
> > Patt

> ---

---

1. Could someone tell where to find TWAIN TOOLKIT

I try to write a program to interface with TWAIN standard scanner to
acquire image. So far, I know that Aldus, HP, ... set the TWAIN
standard and provide the toolkit for programmer. I tried their WWW,
but found nothing.

Could anyone tell me the location in the Net that I could get it?
An article in Dr.Dobb's Journal said it avail. in HP Peripheral Forum
Library 15 in Compuserve. But I have no access to Compuserve in my
country. Could anyone get it and send it to me via e-mail?

Thanks in advance.

2. windowsmedia

3. my media player tells me that it is not configered for the internet when i am

4. HELP Needed with Irregular Keyboard Input

5. Someone tell me of an accelerated video card that works!!!!!

6. mail client is not properly installed

7. Someone tell me a Video card for MPC that I can trust!!

8. Imagine 128 and Windows NT 4.0 Server - help!

9. Can someone tell me what's different to IE5 ?

10. Can someone tell me how to do this?

11. How do I tell if someone replyed

12. PLeae someone tell me which free Real Player to use

13. Please can someone tell me the API to use